All lines blocked after person hit by train near Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
All lines are blocked on the Great Northern route after a person was hit by a train between Welwyn Garden City and Alexandra Palace this afternoon.
Train operator Govia Thameslink Railway posted on Twitter at 2.35pm to confirm the incident, and said all lines are blocked between Stevenage and Alexandra Palace via Welwyn Garden City.
Trains will be cancelled and journeys times may be extended by up to 60 minutes, with disruption currently expected until at least 6pm.
Where possible trains between London and Stevenage will divert via Hertford North, enabling a train service to operate. These trains will not call at stations via Welwyn Garden City.
Customers are advised to delay travelling until later today.
Your ticket will be valid on the following services:
- London Underground via any reasonable route
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 4 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 5 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 6 Tournament's return brings huge joy to Welwyn Garden City Youth Football Club
- 7 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 8 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 9 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Thameslink and Great Northern will be accepting each others tickets
- Greater Anglia between Cambridge, Hertford East and London Liverpool Street
- London Overground between Enfield Town and London Liverpool Street
- If you need someone to talk to you can call Samaritans for free at any time, 24 hours a day and from any phone, on 116 123.