Passengers’ outrage at travel companies’ response to Iceland volcanic ash crisis
THOUSANDS of travellers grounded at UK airports have been left outraged and out-of-pocket after travel companies show little compassion.
One WGC resident who was due to fly last night said: “My travel insurance company have been less than helpful.
“I have expensive specialist insurance because of my medical condition, but they’ve refused to pay out or transfer my insurance, because it is an act of god. “It’s outrageous.
“This is such an unusual situation, you would think they would be more helpful to their customers.”
The volcano in Iceland is still erupting and NATS, which controls UK airspace, have closed airports for a second day.
Experts claim the volcanic ash could down an aircraft as it can cause engine failure.
It is believed 600,000 UK passengers have so far been affected.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 4 Council fights for lower housing targets in Local Plan
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 7 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 10 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
* Are you one of the affected travellers? Tell us your stories.
Comment below or email email@example.com