Part of A414 closed tonight for repairs
EMERGENCY resurfacing and drainage works will see the A414 north orbital closed tonight (Friday).
Highways chiefs said the repairs are necessary as “prolonged bad weather has severely damaged a section of the road”.
The closure will be westbound between the longabout and the London Colney roundabout.
Both lanes of the westbound road will be closed for the safety of drivers and Hertfordshire Highways’ crews.
The road will be closed from 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped the work will be completed overnight but - if the damage to the road is worse than it looks - work will continue tomorrow.
A diversion will be in place and drivers have been advised to allow extra time for their journeys.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics