Part of A414 closed tonight for repairs
EMERGENCY resurfacing and drainage works will see the A414 north orbital closed tonight (Friday).
Highways chiefs said the repairs are necessary as “prolonged bad weather has severely damaged a section of the road”.
The closure will be westbound between the longabout and the London Colney roundabout.
Both lanes of the westbound road will be closed for the safety of drivers and Hertfordshire Highways’ crews.
The road will be closed from 8pm.
It is hoped the work will be completed overnight but - if the damage to the road is worse than it looks - work will continue tomorrow.
A diversion will be in place and drivers have been advised to allow extra time for their journeys.
- 1 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 2 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 3 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 4 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 5 Christmas gifts and hampers stolen from garden centre
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 'It's incredible that this could save someone’s life'
- 9 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 10 Runners get festive for Garden City race