Part of A414 closed tonight for repairs
EMERGENCY resurfacing and drainage works will see the A414 north orbital closed tonight (Friday).
Highways chiefs said the repairs are necessary as “prolonged bad weather has severely damaged a section of the road”.
The closure will be westbound between the longabout and the London Colney roundabout.
Both lanes of the westbound road will be closed for the safety of drivers and Hertfordshire Highways’ crews.
The road will be closed from 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped the work will be completed overnight but - if the damage to the road is worse than it looks - work will continue tomorrow.
A diversion will be in place and drivers have been advised to allow extra time for their journeys.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 8 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures