Parking charges at New QEII Hospital in Welwyn Garden City to be changed
- Credit: Archant
Hospital bosses have moved to quell a number of disgruntled visitors, annoyed at the parking facilities at their new base.
Visitors to the New QEII in Welwyn Garden City currently park just off Ascots Lane.
The new car park opens in October but the current arrangements have met with a number of complaints.
Among these are the lack of change or card payment facilities, poor signage and charges for disabled drivers.
Barbara Jenkins, site director at the hospital, admitted processes followed to set parking arrangements prior to the opening were unclear.
You may also want to watch:
And she revealed a user group, which met for the first time in July, agreed changes needed to be made.
She said: “Blue badge holders should not be charged for parking in designated bays, although for this to happen a ticket validation system needs to be introduced so that people can exit the barrier-controlled system.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 7 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Former healthcare worker nominated for role model award due to rare illness awareness campaign
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
“There is a need for improved signage, as well as payment machines that allow people to pay for their parking using different methods.
“The parking pay bandings have been reviewed and a new band is being introduced for stays of less than an hour.”
Mrs Jenkins said she was hopeful the changes would be made by the end of August.