Overnight closures to affect M25 tonight
ROAD users have been advised the M25 junction 23 anti-clockwise entry slip road at South Mimms will be closed overnight tonight (Friday).
The junction 22 anti-clockwise entry and exit slip roads will also be closed overnight for 11 nights from tonight until January 23.
The closures will be between 10pm and 5am each night.
During these times there will be a contraflow system in operation on the anti-clockwise carriageway.
Highways chiefs said the closures are part of a scheme to widen the M25 from three lanes to four between junctions 21a and 23, and is to allow for safety barriers on the anti-clockwise carriageway to be realigned, to prepare the carriageways for traffic to run in three lanes in both directions.
Work will then start on upgrading the central reservation.
A spokeswoman said: “The work is taking place overnight when traffic flows are lowest, to minimise disruption.
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 5 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 6 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 7 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 RSPCA rescue cats in Potters Bar waiting to find their forever homes
- 10 Delight as Welwyn Garden City’s Rowan Tree crowned Nursery of the Year
“Clearly signed diversions will be in place during the closures.”