Overnight closures to affect M25 tonight
ROAD users have been advised the M25 junction 23 anti-clockwise entry slip road at South Mimms will be closed overnight tonight (Friday).
The junction 22 anti-clockwise entry and exit slip roads will also be closed overnight for 11 nights from tonight until January 23.
The closures will be between 10pm and 5am each night.
During these times there will be a contraflow system in operation on the anti-clockwise carriageway.
Highways chiefs said the closures are part of a scheme to widen the M25 from three lanes to four between junctions 21a and 23, and is to allow for safety barriers on the anti-clockwise carriageway to be realigned, to prepare the carriageways for traffic to run in three lanes in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
Work will then start on upgrading the central reservation.
A spokeswoman said: “The work is taking place overnight when traffic flows are lowest, to minimise disruption.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 10 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
“Clearly signed diversions will be in place during the closures.”