Overnight closures to affect M25 tonight
ROAD users have been advised the M25 junction 23 anti-clockwise entry slip road at South Mimms will be closed overnight tonight (Friday).
The junction 22 anti-clockwise entry and exit slip roads will also be closed overnight for 11 nights from tonight until January 23.
The closures will be between 10pm and 5am each night.
During these times there will be a contraflow system in operation on the anti-clockwise carriageway.
Highways chiefs said the closures are part of a scheme to widen the M25 from three lanes to four between junctions 21a and 23, and is to allow for safety barriers on the anti-clockwise carriageway to be realigned, to prepare the carriageways for traffic to run in three lanes in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
Work will then start on upgrading the central reservation.
A spokeswoman said: “The work is taking place overnight when traffic flows are lowest, to minimise disruption.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
“Clearly signed diversions will be in place during the closures.”