Overnight closures to affect M25 tonight
ROAD users have been advised the M25 junction 23 anti-clockwise entry slip road at South Mimms will be closed overnight tonight (Friday).
The junction 22 anti-clockwise entry and exit slip roads will also be closed overnight for 11 nights from tonight until January 23.
The closures will be between 10pm and 5am each night.
During these times there will be a contraflow system in operation on the anti-clockwise carriageway.
Highways chiefs said the closures are part of a scheme to widen the M25 from three lanes to four between junctions 21a and 23, and is to allow for safety barriers on the anti-clockwise carriageway to be realigned, to prepare the carriageways for traffic to run in three lanes in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
Work will then start on upgrading the central reservation.
A spokeswoman said: “The work is taking place overnight when traffic flows are lowest, to minimise disruption.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
“Clearly signed diversions will be in place during the closures.”