Overnight closures to affect M25 tonight
ROAD users have been advised the M25 junction 23 anti-clockwise entry slip road at South Mimms will be closed overnight tonight (Friday).
The junction 22 anti-clockwise entry and exit slip roads will also be closed overnight for 11 nights from tonight until January 23.
The closures will be between 10pm and 5am each night.
During these times there will be a contraflow system in operation on the anti-clockwise carriageway.
Highways chiefs said the closures are part of a scheme to widen the M25 from three lanes to four between junctions 21a and 23, and is to allow for safety barriers on the anti-clockwise carriageway to be realigned, to prepare the carriageways for traffic to run in three lanes in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
Work will then start on upgrading the central reservation.
A spokeswoman said: “The work is taking place overnight when traffic flows are lowest, to minimise disruption.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 5 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 6 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 9 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 10 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
“Clearly signed diversions will be in place during the closures.”