Overnight closures for Hatfield Tunnel
MOTORISTS are being reminded that the Hatfield Tunnel will be closed overnight for the rest of the week.
Both the northbound and the southband carriageways of the A1(M) tunnel will be closed for refurbishment every night this week until Sunday.
From tonight (Tuesday) until Thursday, the tunnel will be shut from 10pm until 5.30am.
On Friday, it will be closed from 11pm to 6am, and on Saturday from 10pm until 6am.
It will close again for the final time on Sunday evening, from 10.30pm until 5.30am on Monday.
Clearly signed diversions will be in place during the closures.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 8 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed for more than seven years