Online grocer bids to extend staff car park in Hatfield
PLANS to create a 1,050 space car park in Hatfield will be decided by borough councillors tonight (Thursday).
Welwyn Hatfield Council’s planning control committee will consider the proposal by internet grocery retailer Ocado.
The company, based off Gypsy Moth Avenue on Hatfield Business Park, wants to add a new deck to its existing staff car park.
If approved, this would provide an extra 566 parking spaces.
Ocado says it needs to extend the car park in order to allow it to increase its workforce from 2,000 to 3,500.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are recommending the application be approved.
The meeting, which will be held in the council chamber at Campus West, in WGC, starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 5 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
Members of the public can attend.