Online grocer bids to extend staff car park in Hatfield
PLANS to create a 1,050 space car park in Hatfield will be decided by borough councillors tonight (Thursday).
Welwyn Hatfield Council’s planning control committee will consider the proposal by internet grocery retailer Ocado.
The company, based off Gypsy Moth Avenue on Hatfield Business Park, wants to add a new deck to its existing staff car park.
If approved, this would provide an extra 566 parking spaces.
Ocado says it needs to extend the car park in order to allow it to increase its workforce from 2,000 to 3,500.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are recommending the application be approved.
The meeting, which will be held in the council chamber at Campus West, in WGC, starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
Members of the public can attend.