Online grocer bids to extend staff car park in Hatfield
PLANS to create a 1,050 space car park in Hatfield will be decided by borough councillors tonight (Thursday).
Welwyn Hatfield Council’s planning control committee will consider the proposal by internet grocery retailer Ocado.
The company, based off Gypsy Moth Avenue on Hatfield Business Park, wants to add a new deck to its existing staff car park.
If approved, this would provide an extra 566 parking spaces.
Ocado says it needs to extend the car park in order to allow it to increase its workforce from 2,000 to 3,500.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are recommending the application be approved.
The meeting, which will be held in the council chamber at Campus West, in WGC, starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
Members of the public can attend.