Online grocer bids to extend staff car park in Hatfield
PLANS to create a 1,050 space car park in Hatfield will be decided by borough councillors tonight (Thursday).
Welwyn Hatfield Council’s planning control committee will consider the proposal by internet grocery retailer Ocado.
The company, based off Gypsy Moth Avenue on Hatfield Business Park, wants to add a new deck to its existing staff car park.
If approved, this would provide an extra 566 parking spaces.
Ocado says it needs to extend the car park in order to allow it to increase its workforce from 2,000 to 3,500.
Officers are recommending the application be approved.
The meeting, which will be held in the council chamber at Campus West, in WGC, starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 2 Warning issued over park fires as hot weather continues
- 3 Family raises funeral funds for mum who was known for helping others
- 4 Mitchell 'caught out' by poor Welwyn showing against Walthamstow
- 5 How the hot summer weather is affecting parched Panshanger Park
- 6 Family living over their own waste for 13 years due to faulty pipe
- 7 Sammy Moore delighted with an opening win after Potters Bar survive goalkeeping drama
- 8 Keeper drama survived as Potters Bar Town claim opening day win
- 9 Concert promoters Heritage Live planning Hatfield House shows in 2023
- 10 Tewin Classic Car and Craft Show returns this month
Members of the public can attend.