Road closure in Hatfield for new housing development
- Credit: Google Streetmap
Part of a well-used Hatfield road will be access only as utilities are installed.
Hertfordshire County Council have posted plans to close part of Northdown Road to install a mains power extension for a housing development on The Downs.
The planned works start from the Travellers Lane end of the road and would reach as far as the junction at The Downs.
The works are slated to begin on April 7 and make the road access-only at scheduled times.
The scheduled times will be signposted nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Though the council order outlines a time frame of “up to 18 months”, this is the standard period applied for in a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order.
The currently planned mains power extension, however is due to be finished by April 20.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
The mainly residential road is a frequently-used cut through for people passing between Travellers Lane and Bishops Rise.
The council suggests alternative routes of Lark Rise, Travellers Lane, Bishops Rise and the other half of Northdown Road.
Anyone wishing to know more should contact Nikolett Listar on 0300 123 4047 or Terry Munton on 07966 183732.
Other planned road works:
• Beaconsfield Road and Bury Road, Hatfield: Carriageway resurfacing night works between March 16 and 17.
• Great North Road, Brookmans Park: Carriageway resurfacing between March 19 and 30.
• Station Road, Hatfield: Carriageway resurfacing between March 9 and 10.
• Welwyn Garden City Bus Station: Bus station improvements ongoing until March 12.