Road closure in Hatfield for new housing development
- Credit: Google Streetmap
Part of a well-used Hatfield road will be access only as utilities are installed.
Hertfordshire County Council have posted plans to close part of Northdown Road to install a mains power extension for a housing development on The Downs.
The planned works start from the Travellers Lane end of the road and would reach as far as the junction at The Downs.
The works are slated to begin on April 7 and make the road access-only at scheduled times.
The scheduled times will be signposted nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Though the council order outlines a time frame of “up to 18 months”, this is the standard period applied for in a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order.
The currently planned mains power extension, however is due to be finished by April 20.
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition
The mainly residential road is a frequently-used cut through for people passing between Travellers Lane and Bishops Rise.
The council suggests alternative routes of Lark Rise, Travellers Lane, Bishops Rise and the other half of Northdown Road.
Anyone wishing to know more should contact Nikolett Listar on 0300 123 4047 or Terry Munton on 07966 183732.
Other planned road works:
• Beaconsfield Road and Bury Road, Hatfield: Carriageway resurfacing night works between March 16 and 17.
• Great North Road, Brookmans Park: Carriageway resurfacing between March 19 and 30.
• Station Road, Hatfield: Carriageway resurfacing between March 9 and 10.
• Welwyn Garden City Bus Station: Bus station improvements ongoing until March 12.