No end in sight for First Capital Connect rail chaos
- Credit: Archant
COMMUTERS will be hit with major delays today (Friday) after problems near Potters Bar and Brookmans Park suspended rail services throughout Welwyn Hatfield.
Delays of up to 60 minutes are expected on affected services.
Some trains are being diverted through Hertford North and are not stopping at Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Hatfield or Welwyn Garden City.
A reduced train service is also running between Potters Bar and London King’s Cross.
Rail replacement buses are currently running between Stevenage and Potters Bar and First Capital Connect (FCC) say they do not know when the problems will be resolved.
You may also want to watch:
The company said: “There is a signalling problem in the New Barnet area, and an overhead wire problem near Potters Bar.
“Because of this, no trains are able to run between Stevenage and Potters Bar and the following changes apply until further notice.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
Passengers using Virgin, East Coast and FCC trains have all been affected.