No end in sight for First Capital Connect rail chaos
- Credit: Archant
COMMUTERS will be hit with major delays today (Friday) after problems near Potters Bar and Brookmans Park suspended rail services throughout Welwyn Hatfield.
Delays of up to 60 minutes are expected on affected services.
Some trains are being diverted through Hertford North and are not stopping at Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Hatfield or Welwyn Garden City.
A reduced train service is also running between Potters Bar and London King’s Cross.
Rail replacement buses are currently running between Stevenage and Potters Bar and First Capital Connect (FCC) say they do not know when the problems will be resolved.
You may also want to watch:
The company said: “There is a signalling problem in the New Barnet area, and an overhead wire problem near Potters Bar.
“Because of this, no trains are able to run between Stevenage and Potters Bar and the following changes apply until further notice.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
Passengers using Virgin, East Coast and FCC trains have all been affected.