No end in sight for First Capital Connect rail chaos
- Credit: Archant
COMMUTERS will be hit with major delays today (Friday) after problems near Potters Bar and Brookmans Park suspended rail services throughout Welwyn Hatfield.
Delays of up to 60 minutes are expected on affected services.
Some trains are being diverted through Hertford North and are not stopping at Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Hatfield or Welwyn Garden City.
A reduced train service is also running between Potters Bar and London King’s Cross.
Rail replacement buses are currently running between Stevenage and Potters Bar and First Capital Connect (FCC) say they do not know when the problems will be resolved.
You may also want to watch:
The company said: “There is a signalling problem in the New Barnet area, and an overhead wire problem near Potters Bar.
“Because of this, no trains are able to run between Stevenage and Potters Bar and the following changes apply until further notice.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
Passengers using Virgin, East Coast and FCC trains have all been affected.