No end in sight for First Capital Connect rail chaos
- Credit: Archant
COMMUTERS will be hit with major delays today (Friday) after problems near Potters Bar and Brookmans Park suspended rail services throughout Welwyn Hatfield.
Delays of up to 60 minutes are expected on affected services.
Some trains are being diverted through Hertford North and are not stopping at Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Hatfield or Welwyn Garden City.
A reduced train service is also running between Potters Bar and London King’s Cross.
Rail replacement buses are currently running between Stevenage and Potters Bar and First Capital Connect (FCC) say they do not know when the problems will be resolved.
You may also want to watch:
The company said: “There is a signalling problem in the New Barnet area, and an overhead wire problem near Potters Bar.
“Because of this, no trains are able to run between Stevenage and Potters Bar and the following changes apply until further notice.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
Passengers using Virgin, East Coast and FCC trains have all been affected.