Night closures on A1(M) at Hatfield Tunnel
THE Hatfield Tunnel will be shut at night this week for motorists travelling south on the A1(M).
The carriageway will be closed between junctions 4 and 3, either side of the tunnel, as part on the ongoing roadworks.
Closures will be in place from 10pm until 5am each night from tonight (Monday) until Saturday.
A Highways Agency spokesman said: “We are carrying out inspection work inside the tunnel, which is currently being refurbished, as well as making preparations for a change to the road layout.”
A fully-signed diversion route between junctions 4 and 2, using the A1001 and A414, will be in place.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
- 1 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 9 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist