Night closures on A1(M) at Hatfield Tunnel
THE Hatfield Tunnel will be shut at night this week for motorists travelling south on the A1(M).
The carriageway will be closed between junctions 4 and 3, either side of the tunnel, as part on the ongoing roadworks.
Closures will be in place from 10pm until 5am each night from tonight (Monday) until Saturday.
A Highways Agency spokesman said: “We are carrying out inspection work inside the tunnel, which is currently being refurbished, as well as making preparations for a change to the road layout.”
A fully-signed diversion route between junctions 4 and 2, using the A1001 and A414, will be in place.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced