Night closures on A1(M) at Hatfield Tunnel
THE Hatfield Tunnel will be shut at night this week for motorists travelling south on the A1(M).
The carriageway will be closed between junctions 4 and 3, either side of the tunnel, as part on the ongoing roadworks.
Closures will be in place from 10pm until 5am each night from tonight (Monday) until Saturday.
A Highways Agency spokesman said: “We are carrying out inspection work inside the tunnel, which is currently being refurbished, as well as making preparations for a change to the road layout.”
A fully-signed diversion route between junctions 4 and 2, using the A1001 and A414, will be in place.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire