Night closures on A1(M) at Hatfield Tunnel
THE Hatfield Tunnel will be shut at night this week for motorists travelling south on the A1(M).
The carriageway will be closed between junctions 4 and 3, either side of the tunnel, as part on the ongoing roadworks.
Closures will be in place from 10pm until 5am each night from tonight (Monday) until Saturday.
A Highways Agency spokesman said: “We are carrying out inspection work inside the tunnel, which is currently being refurbished, as well as making preparations for a change to the road layout.”
A fully-signed diversion route between junctions 4 and 2, using the A1001 and A414, will be in place.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are advised to allow extra time for their journey.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!