New members for Hertfordshire hotel association
The Hertfordshire Hoteliers Association has signed up two new members as part of its newly-launched recruitment drive in the run-up to the 2012 Olympics.
The arrival of the Hatfield Oak Hotel and Holiday Inn Express, Stevenage, brings HHA’s total membership to 17 and adds 205 rooms to the group’s inventory.
HHA chairman Jon Kett-Reynolds said: “This is good news as we pursue our campaign to position Hertfordshire as an attractive place to visit and as an alternative and affordable source of accommodation for people heading for the Games.”
The 76-bedroom Hatfield Oak, on Roehyde Way, formerly a Quality Hotel, was taken over by Focus Hotels Management and extensively refurbished last February.
It is close to both A1(M) Hatfield junctions.
General manager Anna Brennan said: “The HHA gives us a forum for sharing information and increasing our collective skills so we can best suit the needs of our guests, both in the leisure and corporate sectors.”
The new Holiday Inn Express Stevenage has 129 bedrooms and is in Danestrete.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 10 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
It is a contemporary building in the heart of the town within walking distance of rail and bus stations.
General manager Ruslana Yarmolyuk said: “Joining the HHA gives us a great opportunity to promote the business and work together to exchange ideas and create an organisation with the power and scope to benefit all our guests.”
For more information on the HHA, see the website at www.herts-hotels.co.uk
Other members of HHA from Times Territory include the Beales and Ramada Jarvis hotels in Hatfield.