New members for Hertfordshire hotel association
The Hertfordshire Hoteliers Association has signed up two new members as part of its newly-launched recruitment drive in the run-up to the 2012 Olympics.
The arrival of the Hatfield Oak Hotel and Holiday Inn Express, Stevenage, brings HHA’s total membership to 17 and adds 205 rooms to the group’s inventory.
HHA chairman Jon Kett-Reynolds said: “This is good news as we pursue our campaign to position Hertfordshire as an attractive place to visit and as an alternative and affordable source of accommodation for people heading for the Games.”
The 76-bedroom Hatfield Oak, on Roehyde Way, formerly a Quality Hotel, was taken over by Focus Hotels Management and extensively refurbished last February.
It is close to both A1(M) Hatfield junctions.
You may also want to watch:
General manager Anna Brennan said: “The HHA gives us a forum for sharing information and increasing our collective skills so we can best suit the needs of our guests, both in the leisure and corporate sectors.”
The new Holiday Inn Express Stevenage has 129 bedrooms and is in Danestrete.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
It is a contemporary building in the heart of the town within walking distance of rail and bus stations.
General manager Ruslana Yarmolyuk said: “Joining the HHA gives us a great opportunity to promote the business and work together to exchange ideas and create an organisation with the power and scope to benefit all our guests.”
For more information on the HHA, see the website at www.herts-hotels.co.uk
Other members of HHA from Times Territory include the Beales and Ramada Jarvis hotels in Hatfield.