New bus stops for Hatfield station
TWO bus stands are to be put up at an underpass connecting Hatfield with Old Hatfield.
The work, due to start on Monday, will take place on the northbound side of Great North Road.
Expected to take two weeks, Hertfordshire County Council workers aim to keep disruption to a minimum.
A spokesman said: “The works involve building two bus stands immediately next to the pedestrian underpass and converting the grass verge into pavement.
“There will be some minor maintenance work to renew road markings within the bus forecourt area.”
You may also want to watch:
“To minimise disruption, working hours will be restricted to 9.30am and 4.30pm on weekdays.
“Traffic will still be able to travel in each direction.”
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield