New bus stops for Hatfield station
TWO bus stands are to be put up at an underpass connecting Hatfield with Old Hatfield.
The work, due to start on Monday, will take place on the northbound side of Great North Road.
Expected to take two weeks, Hertfordshire County Council workers aim to keep disruption to a minimum.
A spokesman said: “The works involve building two bus stands immediately next to the pedestrian underpass and converting the grass verge into pavement.
“There will be some minor maintenance work to renew road markings within the bus forecourt area.”
“To minimise disruption, working hours will be restricted to 9.30am and 4.30pm on weekdays.
“Traffic will still be able to travel in each direction.”
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 4 Council fights for lower housing targets in Local Plan
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 7 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 10 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby