New bus stops for Hatfield station
TWO bus stands are to be put up at an underpass connecting Hatfield with Old Hatfield.
The work, due to start on Monday, will take place on the northbound side of Great North Road.
Expected to take two weeks, Hertfordshire County Council workers aim to keep disruption to a minimum.
A spokesman said: “The works involve building two bus stands immediately next to the pedestrian underpass and converting the grass verge into pavement.
“There will be some minor maintenance work to renew road markings within the bus forecourt area.”
You may also want to watch:
“To minimise disruption, working hours will be restricted to 9.30am and 4.30pm on weekdays.
“Traffic will still be able to travel in each direction.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM