Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following A1 Barnet Bypass crash
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following a collision on the A1 Barnet Bypass.
The incident occurred south of the M25 on the southbound carriageway, near Borehamwood, shortly after 1.20pm on Sunday, July 11.
For reasons unknown to police at this time, a red Honda motorcycle left the carriageway and collided with the central reservation.
The rider, a man aged in his 50s, sustained serious injuries.
He was airlifted to hospital, where he remains at this time. His next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the crash.
Sergeant Tim Davies, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “I am appealing for anyone who witnessed the collision, or saw the motorcycle prior to it, to please get in touch.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
"I’m particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have captured dash cam footage.”
Anyone with information is asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in the Force Communications Room via the online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting ISR 372 of Sunday 11 July.