More snow predicted across Hertfordshire this weekend
STRONG winds, freezing temperatures and more snow are all forecast for this weekend.
Hertfordshire County Council officers have issued a weather warning concerned over the formation of drifts.
A spokeswoman said: “The danger of drifts forming, even when snow is not actually falling from the sky, is very real, especially on Sunday.
“The wind could cause snow to drift from fields onto roads. Motorists should drive accordingly and be prepared for unexpected delays.”
She added: “Freezing conditions show little sign of relenting and Hertfordshire Highways will keep salting the main roads as well as stepping up pavement clearance.
“We have enough salt to keep treating our main roads (A and B roads, all major bus routes, at least one road in and out of villages, industrial areas and shopping centres) over the weekend, with daily salting runs planned and snow ploughs on standby.”
Councillor Stuart Pile said: “Residents are reminded though that salt isn’t a magic powder that makes roads and pavements totally safe.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 7 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 8 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 9 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 10 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
“We’re experiencing exceptionally cold weather and anyone venturing out needs to take especial care.”