More snow predicted across Hertfordshire this weekend
STRONG winds, freezing temperatures and more snow are all forecast for this weekend.
Hertfordshire County Council officers have issued a weather warning concerned over the formation of drifts.
A spokeswoman said: “The danger of drifts forming, even when snow is not actually falling from the sky, is very real, especially on Sunday.
“The wind could cause snow to drift from fields onto roads. Motorists should drive accordingly and be prepared for unexpected delays.”
She added: “Freezing conditions show little sign of relenting and Hertfordshire Highways will keep salting the main roads as well as stepping up pavement clearance.
You may also want to watch:
“We have enough salt to keep treating our main roads (A and B roads, all major bus routes, at least one road in and out of villages, industrial areas and shopping centres) over the weekend, with daily salting runs planned and snow ploughs on standby.”
Councillor Stuart Pile said: “Residents are reminded though that salt isn’t a magic powder that makes roads and pavements totally safe.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
“We’re experiencing exceptionally cold weather and anyone venturing out needs to take especial care.”