Mobile phone travel updates for Hertfordshire bus users
BUS users in Hertfordshire can now get travel information direct to their mobiles, thanks to a new phone app.
Hertfordshire County Council has introduced Quick Response (QR) codes – a new system that allows public transport users to get scheduled departure information from any bus stop in the county.
The software allows people to scan a stop’s QR Code using a reader which can be downloaded for free from App Stores or on a mobile’s internet browser.
Users will then receive or be directed to the information.
For more information visit www.intalink.org.uk and click on “Departures”.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Stuart Pile, executive member for highways and transport, said: “The real benefit of this new software is that it allows us to deliver information at locations where an electronic departures screen would never be placed so that even rural communities can benefit from scheduled information.”
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone