One lane closed on M25 following crash near Potters Bar
- Credit: www.motorwaycameras.co.uk
There is currently more than five miles of congestion on the M25 following a collision near Junction 24.
Update: Highways England tweeted: "this is now just a lane 1 closure, please pass with care.
"please be aware delays are still building on the M25 clockwise between J21a StAlbans and J25 Cheshunt #A10 now adding at least 90 minutes to normal journey times. Congestion currently covering approximately 10.5 miles."
Original: Highways England tweeted: "M25 clockwise J24 towards J25 - lanes 1 and 2 (of 4) currently closed following a collision. Please approach with caution.
"Hertfordshire Greater London please be aware this incident is currently causing approx. 5.6 miles of congestion on the M25 clockwise adding at least 45 minutes to normal journey times between J23 South Mimms A1(M) and J25 Cheshunt A10 plan ahead if travelling this afternoon."
Traffic conditions are expected to return to normal between 7.15pm and 7.30pm.
- 1 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 2 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Fire at University of Hertfordshire destroys kitchen
- 10 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City