One lane closed on M25 following crash near Potters Bar
- Credit: www.motorwaycameras.co.uk
There is currently more than five miles of congestion on the M25 following a collision near Junction 24.
Update: Highways England tweeted: "this is now just a lane 1 closure, please pass with care.
"please be aware delays are still building on the M25 clockwise between J21a StAlbans and J25 Cheshunt #A10 now adding at least 90 minutes to normal journey times. Congestion currently covering approximately 10.5 miles."
Original: Highways England tweeted: "M25 clockwise J24 towards J25 - lanes 1 and 2 (of 4) currently closed following a collision. Please approach with caution.
"Hertfordshire Greater London please be aware this incident is currently causing approx. 5.6 miles of congestion on the M25 clockwise adding at least 45 minutes to normal journey times between J23 South Mimms A1(M) and J25 Cheshunt A10 plan ahead if travelling this afternoon."
You may also want to watch:
Traffic conditions are expected to return to normal between 7.15pm and 7.30pm.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics