One lane closed on M25 following crash near Potters Bar
- Credit: www.motorwaycameras.co.uk
There is currently more than five miles of congestion on the M25 following a collision near Junction 24.
Update: Highways England tweeted: "this is now just a lane 1 closure, please pass with care.
"please be aware delays are still building on the M25 clockwise between J21a StAlbans and J25 Cheshunt #A10 now adding at least 90 minutes to normal journey times. Congestion currently covering approximately 10.5 miles."
Original: Highways England tweeted: "M25 clockwise J24 towards J25 - lanes 1 and 2 (of 4) currently closed following a collision. Please approach with caution.
"Hertfordshire Greater London please be aware this incident is currently causing approx. 5.6 miles of congestion on the M25 clockwise adding at least 45 minutes to normal journey times between J23 South Mimms A1(M) and J25 Cheshunt A10 plan ahead if travelling this afternoon."
You may also want to watch:
Traffic conditions are expected to return to normal between 7.15pm and 7.30pm.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 7 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday