Metroline 'intends' to axe 84 bus route
- Credit: Julian Walker
The bus company Metroline has "signalled its intention" to withdraw its 84 route in its entirety from early April.
Hertfordshire County Council, who partly fund the route, said they are "still awaiting an official cancellation" from Metroline.
HCC added they are in discussion with other bus operators to see which elements of the 84 service they could potentially take on commercially.
Route 84 currently calls at the following stops: St Albans - Cell Barnes - London Colney - South Mimms - Potters Bar - New Barnet.
A London Colney resident posted an angry reaction to the news on the neighbourhood app Nextdoor.
They said: "This is outrageous. It's the only route running from St Albans, through London Colney to Potters Bar and New Barnet.
"It's a vital lifeline for many people, particularly the elderly who regularly use it to get into Potters Bar or to the shops at Colney fields.
- 1 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 4 See inside this rumoured prison conversion in Welwyn village
- 5 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 6 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 9 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 10 96-year-old WGC woman remembers the Queen's Coronation ahead of Platinum Jubilee
"The removal of this route would leave many people stranded, including many who work in Colney Fields or St Albans."