Man hospitalised with head injury after M25 double-crash near Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
A man has been hospitalised following a double-crash minutes apart on the M25 near Potters Bar this morning.
Emergency services were called to a collision at 4.38am involving a lorry and a car on the clockwise carriageway between Junction 24 and 25.
Minutes later, while the crash was being reported, a second lorry then collided with the car, a Metropolitan Police spokeswoman confirmed.
The double-crash caused all lanes to be closed back to Junction 23 for South Mimms and the A1(M) while paramedics treated a man at the scene.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “An ambulance crew attended to a report of a man, believed to be in his 20s, who was injured.
You may also want to watch:
“They treated the patient for a head injury who was taken to Barnet General Hospital for further care.”
His condition is not believed to be life-threatening.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
The collisions caused hour-long delays for commuters, with traffic being held while the vehicles were recovered.
Road and traffic police are still at the scene. No-one has been arrested.