Man hospitalised with head injury after M25 double-crash near Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
A man has been hospitalised following a double-crash minutes apart on the M25 near Potters Bar this morning.
Emergency services were called to a collision at 4.38am involving a lorry and a car on the clockwise carriageway between Junction 24 and 25.
Minutes later, while the crash was being reported, a second lorry then collided with the car, a Metropolitan Police spokeswoman confirmed.
The double-crash caused all lanes to be closed back to Junction 23 for South Mimms and the A1(M) while paramedics treated a man at the scene.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “An ambulance crew attended to a report of a man, believed to be in his 20s, who was injured.
You may also want to watch:
“They treated the patient for a head injury who was taken to Barnet General Hospital for further care.”
His condition is not believed to be life-threatening.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 4 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 5 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
The collisions caused hour-long delays for commuters, with traffic being held while the vehicles were recovered.
Road and traffic police are still at the scene. No-one has been arrested.