Man hospitalised with head injury after M25 double-crash near Potters Bar
- Credit: Archant
A man has been hospitalised following a double-crash minutes apart on the M25 near Potters Bar this morning.
Emergency services were called to a collision at 4.38am involving a lorry and a car on the clockwise carriageway between Junction 24 and 25.
Minutes later, while the crash was being reported, a second lorry then collided with the car, a Metropolitan Police spokeswoman confirmed.
The double-crash caused all lanes to be closed back to Junction 23 for South Mimms and the A1(M) while paramedics treated a man at the scene.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “An ambulance crew attended to a report of a man, believed to be in his 20s, who was injured.
“They treated the patient for a head injury who was taken to Barnet General Hospital for further care.”
His condition is not believed to be life-threatening.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 4 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 5 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 6 Tournament's return brings huge joy to Welwyn Garden City Youth Football Club
- 7 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 8 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 9 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
The collisions caused hour-long delays for commuters, with traffic being held while the vehicles were recovered.
Road and traffic police are still at the scene. No-one has been arrested.