Man dies after suffering cardiac arrest on A1(M) near Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
A man died following a “medical emergency” on the A1(M) near Hatfield yesterday afternoon (April 16).
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We received a call at 5.02pm to reports of a man in a suspected cardiac arrest on the A1M just before Junction 4 near Hatfield.
“The East of England Ambulance Service Trust dispatched an ambulance crew, two ambulance officers, a rapid response vehicle and East Anglian Air Ambulance.
“They treated a man in his 70s who was in cardiac arrest. Despite their best efforts, the patient sadly died at the scene.
“Our thoughts go out to his family and friends.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident caused long delays back to Junction 6 for Welwyn and Junction 1 for South Mimms and the M25.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 3 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 4 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 5 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 8 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 9 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 10 Brookmans Park pub celebrates welcoming back visitors on April 12