Man dies after suffering cardiac arrest on A1(M) near Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
A man died following a “medical emergency” on the A1(M) near Hatfield yesterday afternoon (April 16).
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We received a call at 5.02pm to reports of a man in a suspected cardiac arrest on the A1M just before Junction 4 near Hatfield.
“The East of England Ambulance Service Trust dispatched an ambulance crew, two ambulance officers, a rapid response vehicle and East Anglian Air Ambulance.
“They treated a man in his 70s who was in cardiac arrest. Despite their best efforts, the patient sadly died at the scene.
“Our thoughts go out to his family and friends.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident caused long delays back to Junction 6 for Welwyn and Junction 1 for South Mimms and the M25.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire