Man dies after suffering cardiac arrest on A1(M) near Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
A man died following a “medical emergency” on the A1(M) near Hatfield yesterday afternoon (April 16).
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We received a call at 5.02pm to reports of a man in a suspected cardiac arrest on the A1M just before Junction 4 near Hatfield.
“The East of England Ambulance Service Trust dispatched an ambulance crew, two ambulance officers, a rapid response vehicle and East Anglian Air Ambulance.
“They treated a man in his 70s who was in cardiac arrest. Despite their best efforts, the patient sadly died at the scene.
“Our thoughts go out to his family and friends.”
The incident caused long delays back to Junction 6 for Welwyn and Junction 1 for South Mimms and the M25.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus