Man dies after being hit by train at Potters Bar station
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police have confirmed that a man has died after being hit by a train at Potters Bar station.
Police were called to Potters Bar station at around 9.45am today after receiving reports of a person being struck by a train.
Officers are at the scene with local ambulance services and a man has been pronounced dead.
British Transport Police are working to identify the man and inform his family.
The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
There are major delays to train services between Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar.
- 1 Primary school drops to 'inadequate' Ofsted rating five years after 'Good' score
- 2 Older woman assaulted in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 4 QEII Hospital to receive million pound investment
- 5 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 6 Where you can get a walk-in booster or vaccine this weekend
- 7 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 8 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 9 Planning inquiry to determine quarry plans for Hatfield Aerodrome closes
- 10 MP Oliver Dowden reacts to Downing Street 'party'