Man dies after being hit by train at Potters Bar station
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police have confirmed that a man has died after being hit by a train at Potters Bar station.
Police were called to Potters Bar station at around 9.45am today after receiving reports of a person being struck by a train.
Officers are at the scene with local ambulance services and a man has been pronounced dead.
British Transport Police are working to identify the man and inform his family.
The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
There are major delays to train services between Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar.
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled