Man dies after being hit by train at Potters Bar station
- Credit: Archant
British Transport Police have confirmed that a man has died after being hit by a train at Potters Bar station.
Police were called to Potters Bar station at around 9.45am today after receiving reports of a person being struck by a train.
Officers are at the scene with local ambulance services and a man has been pronounced dead.
British Transport Police are working to identify the man and inform his family.
The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
There are major delays to train services between Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park