M25 speed limit restrictions imposed near Potters Bar after lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists have been warned to expect speed limit restrictions on the M25 after remedial work near Potters Bar.
Work on the stretch between Junction 24 and 25 has been ongoing since Easter Monday after a lorry smashed through the central reservation.
Motorists have been blighted by daily congestion for the week since, with lane four remaining closed until today (Monday, April 9) to allow repairs to take place.
But Highways England tweeted today: “All 4 lanes now running #M25 both ways between J24 #PottersBar + J25 #Cheshunt #WalthamCross following a collision last week.
“40 metres of concrete barrier have been restored with a 50mph restriction likely to remain in place today and overnight to allow the repairs to fully cure.”
You may also want to watch:
Following the crash, dramatic pictures emerged of the lorry flipped onto its side and the barrier in bits, but only minor injuries were reported.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 New car park proposed for park