M25 speed limit restrictions imposed near Potters Bar after lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists have been warned to expect speed limit restrictions on the M25 after remedial work near Potters Bar.
Work on the stretch between Junction 24 and 25 has been ongoing since Easter Monday after a lorry smashed through the central reservation.
Motorists have been blighted by daily congestion for the week since, with lane four remaining closed until today (Monday, April 9) to allow repairs to take place.
But Highways England tweeted today: “All 4 lanes now running #M25 both ways between J24 #PottersBar + J25 #Cheshunt #WalthamCross following a collision last week.
“40 metres of concrete barrier have been restored with a 50mph restriction likely to remain in place today and overnight to allow the repairs to fully cure.”
You may also want to watch:
Following the crash, dramatic pictures emerged of the lorry flipped onto its side and the barrier in bits, but only minor injuries were reported.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town