M25 speed limit restrictions imposed near Potters Bar after lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists have been warned to expect speed limit restrictions on the M25 after remedial work near Potters Bar.
Work on the stretch between Junction 24 and 25 has been ongoing since Easter Monday after a lorry smashed through the central reservation.
Motorists have been blighted by daily congestion for the week since, with lane four remaining closed until today (Monday, April 9) to allow repairs to take place.
But Highways England tweeted today: “All 4 lanes now running #M25 both ways between J24 #PottersBar + J25 #Cheshunt #WalthamCross following a collision last week.
“40 metres of concrete barrier have been restored with a 50mph restriction likely to remain in place today and overnight to allow the repairs to fully cure.”
You may also want to watch:
Following the crash, dramatic pictures emerged of the lorry flipped onto its side and the barrier in bits, but only minor injuries were reported.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator