M25 speed limit restrictions imposed near Potters Bar after lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists have been warned to expect speed limit restrictions on the M25 after remedial work near Potters Bar.
Work on the stretch between Junction 24 and 25 has been ongoing since Easter Monday after a lorry smashed through the central reservation.
Motorists have been blighted by daily congestion for the week since, with lane four remaining closed until today (Monday, April 9) to allow repairs to take place.
But Highways England tweeted today: “All 4 lanes now running #M25 both ways between J24 #PottersBar + J25 #Cheshunt #WalthamCross following a collision last week.
“40 metres of concrete barrier have been restored with a 50mph restriction likely to remain in place today and overnight to allow the repairs to fully cure.”
Following the crash, dramatic pictures emerged of the lorry flipped onto its side and the barrier in bits, but only minor injuries were reported.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 4 Council fights for lower housing targets in Local Plan
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 7 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 10 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby