M25 speed limit restrictions imposed near Potters Bar after lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists have been warned to expect speed limit restrictions on the M25 after remedial work near Potters Bar.
Work on the stretch between Junction 24 and 25 has been ongoing since Easter Monday after a lorry smashed through the central reservation.
Motorists have been blighted by daily congestion for the week since, with lane four remaining closed until today (Monday, April 9) to allow repairs to take place.
But Highways England tweeted today: “All 4 lanes now running #M25 both ways between J24 #PottersBar + J25 #Cheshunt #WalthamCross following a collision last week.
“40 metres of concrete barrier have been restored with a 50mph restriction likely to remain in place today and overnight to allow the repairs to fully cure.”
You may also want to watch:
Following the crash, dramatic pictures emerged of the lorry flipped onto its side and the barrier in bits, but only minor injuries were reported.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield