M25 reopens near South Mimms following fatal crash
- Credit: Archant
A section of the M25 closed near South Mimms after a fatal collision last night has reopened following emergency repairs.
The anti-clockwise carriageway between Junction 23 for South Mimms and Junction 22 for London Colney has reopened, Highways England has reported.
The agency says one lane remains closed “for the last bit of repairs to be completed” but delays have cleared.
On Twitter, @HighwaysEAST tweeted: “#M25 J23-J22 anti-clockwise 1 lane (of 4) needs to remain closed for barrier work. These works will take a few days to complete. No delays.”
The motorway stretch had been closed since last night following a three-car collision.
You may also want to watch:
At around 11.35pm yesterday (Easter Sunday, March 27), three vehicles – a grey BMW X5, green Peugeot 206 and silver MG TF – travelling on the anti-clockwise carriageway between Junction 23 and Junction 22 were in collision.
The BMW left the carriageway and overturned.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
The driver – a man in his 40s – was pronounced dead at the scene.
* Anyone with any information in relation to the crash is asked to contact PC Bruce Lister, from the Forensic Collision Investigation Unit, via Hertfordshire Constabulary’s non-emergency number 101, quoting reference ISR 698 of March 27th.