M25 part closed causing severe delays
- Credit: Archant
There are severe delays on the M25 near Potters Bar after a road was closed for emergency repairs.
The M25 anticlockwise is closed between Junction 21A (for the A405) and Junction 20 (for the A41) for emergency bridge repairs, and has caused severe knock-on delays towards Junction 24 for Potters Bar.
Drivers are being advised to avoid the route as delays are expected to last until the early afternoon.
A Highways England spokesperson said: “Safety is Highways England’s top priority. During a routine inspection yesterday a minor crack was discovered on the Gade Valley Viaduct near to the M25 Junction 20.
“The closures are in place to allow repairs to be carried out as quickly as possible to stop the crack from growing and maintain safe journeys.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank drivers in advance for their patience and reassure them that we will be working as hard as we can to reopen the M25 as soon as safely possible.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022