M25 part closed causing severe delays
- Credit: Archant
There are severe delays on the M25 near Potters Bar after a road was closed for emergency repairs.
The M25 anticlockwise is closed between Junction 21A (for the A405) and Junction 20 (for the A41) for emergency bridge repairs, and has caused severe knock-on delays towards Junction 24 for Potters Bar.
Drivers are being advised to avoid the route as delays are expected to last until the early afternoon.
A Highways England spokesperson said: “Safety is Highways England’s top priority. During a routine inspection yesterday a minor crack was discovered on the Gade Valley Viaduct near to the M25 Junction 20.
“The closures are in place to allow repairs to be carried out as quickly as possible to stop the crack from growing and maintain safe journeys.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank drivers in advance for their patience and reassure them that we will be working as hard as we can to reopen the M25 as soon as safely possible.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire