M25 part closed causing severe delays
- Credit: Archant
There are severe delays on the M25 near Potters Bar after a road was closed for emergency repairs.
The M25 anticlockwise is closed between Junction 21A (for the A405) and Junction 20 (for the A41) for emergency bridge repairs, and has caused severe knock-on delays towards Junction 24 for Potters Bar.
Drivers are being advised to avoid the route as delays are expected to last until the early afternoon.
A Highways England spokesperson said: “Safety is Highways England’s top priority. During a routine inspection yesterday a minor crack was discovered on the Gade Valley Viaduct near to the M25 Junction 20.
“The closures are in place to allow repairs to be carried out as quickly as possible to stop the crack from growing and maintain safe journeys.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank drivers in advance for their patience and reassure them that we will be working as hard as we can to reopen the M25 as soon as safely possible.”
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 7 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022