Recap: 60-minute M25 delays after multi-vehicle crash at Potters Bar
- Credit: National Highways
Motorists faced one-hour delays on the M25 after a multi-vehicle crash at Potters Bar this evening.
Two lanes shut on the London Orbital clockwise between junction 24 for Potters Bar and junction 25 (A10, Enfield) at around 4.15pm today (Tuesday, May 10).
National Highways warned of nine-mile queues and 60-minute rush-hour queues, which began in the St Albans area.
The road has since cleared.
All four lanes opened shortly before 5.50pm.
An earlier National Highways statement reads: "The M25 in Hertfordshire has lanes three and four closed clockwise between junction 24 and junction 25 due to a multi-vehicle collision.
"Emergency services are on scene including National Highways Traffic Officers.
"There are currently delays of 60 minutes and approximately nine miles of congestion.
- 1 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 2 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 3 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 Delight as Welwyn Garden City’s Rowan Tree crowned Nursery of the Year
- 6 Woman left with injuries after dog attack in Woolmer Green
- 7 Motorcyclist seriously injured in crash with car and van in Potters Bar
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 10 Man suffers leg injuries after stabbing at Queensway in Hatfield
"Road users are advised to plan their journeys in advance, allow extra time and consider alternative routes if possible."
For the most up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Hertfordshire traffic map.
Join our Hertfordshire Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Hertfordshire.
Do you have a live or breaking news story from across Hertfordshire? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org