Lorry and car involved in M25 Hertfordshire crash
- Credit: Archant
Vehicles were involved in a crash earlier this morning on the M25 near Potters Bar, resulting in all traffic on the clockwise carriageway coming to a standstill.
Highways England warned motorists of the crash between Potters Bar and Waltham Cross at about 6.30am, tweeting: “Traffic stopped on M25 clockwise between J24 and J25 due to an incident.
“We’re just moving vehicles involved.
“Bear with us.”
One lane was closed, but traffic was allowed to pass through shortly after.
By about 7am, all lanes were open but motorists faced delays due to the build up of traffic.
Herts Police were called at 5.41am by the ambulance service following reports of a Skoda Octavia and a Daff lorry being in collision.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 6 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
A police spokesman said the driver of the car had been taken to a hospital in London.