Lorry and car involved in M25 Hertfordshire crash
- Credit: Archant
Vehicles were involved in a crash earlier this morning on the M25 near Potters Bar, resulting in all traffic on the clockwise carriageway coming to a standstill.
Highways England warned motorists of the crash between Potters Bar and Waltham Cross at about 6.30am, tweeting: “Traffic stopped on M25 clockwise between J24 and J25 due to an incident.
“We’re just moving vehicles involved.
“Bear with us.”
One lane was closed, but traffic was allowed to pass through shortly after.
You may also want to watch:
By about 7am, all lanes were open but motorists faced delays due to the build up of traffic.
Herts Police were called at 5.41am by the ambulance service following reports of a Skoda Octavia and a Daff lorry being in collision.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
A police spokesman said the driver of the car had been taken to a hospital in London.