Lorry and car involved in M25 Hertfordshire crash
- Credit: Archant
Vehicles were involved in a crash earlier this morning on the M25 near Potters Bar, resulting in all traffic on the clockwise carriageway coming to a standstill.
Highways England warned motorists of the crash between Potters Bar and Waltham Cross at about 6.30am, tweeting: “Traffic stopped on M25 clockwise between J24 and J25 due to an incident.
“We’re just moving vehicles involved.
“Bear with us.”
One lane was closed, but traffic was allowed to pass through shortly after.
You may also want to watch:
By about 7am, all lanes were open but motorists faced delays due to the build up of traffic.
Herts Police were called at 5.41am by the ambulance service following reports of a Skoda Octavia and a Daff lorry being in collision.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 8 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 9 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 10 What time will the election results come in?
A police spokesman said the driver of the car had been taken to a hospital in London.