Lorry and car involved in M25 Hertfordshire crash
- Credit: Archant
Vehicles were involved in a crash earlier this morning on the M25 near Potters Bar, resulting in all traffic on the clockwise carriageway coming to a standstill.
Highways England warned motorists of the crash between Potters Bar and Waltham Cross at about 6.30am, tweeting: “Traffic stopped on M25 clockwise between J24 and J25 due to an incident.
“We’re just moving vehicles involved.
“Bear with us.”
One lane was closed, but traffic was allowed to pass through shortly after.
You may also want to watch:
By about 7am, all lanes were open but motorists faced delays due to the build up of traffic.
Herts Police were called at 5.41am by the ambulance service following reports of a Skoda Octavia and a Daff lorry being in collision.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 4 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
A police spokesman said the driver of the car had been taken to a hospital in London.