All lanes clear on M25 near Potters Bar after manic morning
- Credit: Archant
All lanes have now reopened on the M25 clockwise between Junctions 24 and 25 near Potters Bar, after numerous incidents disrupted traffic.
This stretch of road has been dogged with incidents this morning, slowing traffic.
At around 08.20, Highways England reported a white van blocking lane 1 between Junctions 24 and 25 clockwise.
Shortly after that, lane 2 also had to be closed for an emergency pothole repair.
According to Highways England, police attended the scene of a crash that subsequently took place in the queueing traffic.
You may also want to watch:
Police were also called at 8.19am reports of a man causing disruption to traffic at junction 24 clockwise.
A man was found on the carriageway and was arrested on suspicion of drink driving before being taken into custody.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
No injuries have been reported.
It is currently unknown if this incident is connected to any of the others already reported.
Highways England tweeted at around 9am: “M25 incidents are causing major problems in the Potters Bar and surrounding areas.”
Motorists have been warned of delays of at least an hour anticlockwise between Junctions 26 and 23.
In an earlier incident travelling anticlockwise between Junctions 24 and 23, a lorry broke down, causing delays.