All lanes clear on M25 near Potters Bar after manic morning
- Credit: Archant
All lanes have now reopened on the M25 clockwise between Junctions 24 and 25 near Potters Bar, after numerous incidents disrupted traffic.
This stretch of road has been dogged with incidents this morning, slowing traffic.
At around 08.20, Highways England reported a white van blocking lane 1 between Junctions 24 and 25 clockwise.
Shortly after that, lane 2 also had to be closed for an emergency pothole repair.
According to Highways England, police attended the scene of a crash that subsequently took place in the queueing traffic.
Police were also called at 8.19am reports of a man causing disruption to traffic at junction 24 clockwise.
A man was found on the carriageway and was arrested on suspicion of drink driving before being taken into custody.
- 1 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 2 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 5 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 6 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 7 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 8 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
- 9 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 10 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
No injuries have been reported.
It is currently unknown if this incident is connected to any of the others already reported.
Highways England tweeted at around 9am: “M25 incidents are causing major problems in the Potters Bar and surrounding areas.”
Motorists have been warned of delays of at least an hour anticlockwise between Junctions 26 and 23.
In an earlier incident travelling anticlockwise between Junctions 24 and 23, a lorry broke down, causing delays.