All lanes clear on M25 near Potters Bar after manic morning
- Credit: Archant
All lanes have now reopened on the M25 clockwise between Junctions 24 and 25 near Potters Bar, after numerous incidents disrupted traffic.
This stretch of road has been dogged with incidents this morning, slowing traffic.
At around 08.20, Highways England reported a white van blocking lane 1 between Junctions 24 and 25 clockwise.
Shortly after that, lane 2 also had to be closed for an emergency pothole repair.
According to Highways England, police attended the scene of a crash that subsequently took place in the queueing traffic.
You may also want to watch:
Police were also called at 8.19am reports of a man causing disruption to traffic at junction 24 clockwise.
A man was found on the carriageway and was arrested on suspicion of drink driving before being taken into custody.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
No injuries have been reported.
It is currently unknown if this incident is connected to any of the others already reported.
Highways England tweeted at around 9am: “M25 incidents are causing major problems in the Potters Bar and surrounding areas.”
Motorists have been warned of delays of at least an hour anticlockwise between Junctions 26 and 23.
In an earlier incident travelling anticlockwise between Junctions 24 and 23, a lorry broke down, causing delays.