M25 closed and huge delays in Hertfordshire following crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned of huge traffic delays on the M25 in Hertfordshire following a collision.
The road is currently closed anti-clockwise between Junction 22 (A1081, St Albans) and Junction 21a (A405, St Albans) following an accident – with traffic tailing back through the Potters Bar stretch of the motorway.
Police and Highways Agency traffic officers are currently at the scene dealing with the crash.
Road users are advised to avoid the area as there are considerable delays back to Junction 27 for the M11.
The diversion route is also heavily congested.
You may also want to watch:
The Highways Agency say the motorway will fully reopen as soon as it is safe to do so.
* The Highways Agency provides live traffic information via its website – www.highways.gov.uk/traffic
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?