M25 closed and huge delays in Hertfordshire following crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned of huge traffic delays on the M25 in Hertfordshire following a collision.
The road is currently closed anti-clockwise between Junction 22 (A1081, St Albans) and Junction 21a (A405, St Albans) following an accident – with traffic tailing back through the Potters Bar stretch of the motorway.
Police and Highways Agency traffic officers are currently at the scene dealing with the crash.
Road users are advised to avoid the area as there are considerable delays back to Junction 27 for the M11.
The diversion route is also heavily congested.
You may also want to watch:
The Highways Agency say the motorway will fully reopen as soon as it is safe to do so.
* The Highways Agency provides live traffic information via its website – www.highways.gov.uk/traffic
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 4 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire