M25 closed and huge delays in Hertfordshire following crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned of huge traffic delays on the M25 in Hertfordshire following a collision.
The road is currently closed anti-clockwise between Junction 22 (A1081, St Albans) and Junction 21a (A405, St Albans) following an accident – with traffic tailing back through the Potters Bar stretch of the motorway.
Police and Highways Agency traffic officers are currently at the scene dealing with the crash.
Road users are advised to avoid the area as there are considerable delays back to Junction 27 for the M11.
The diversion route is also heavily congested.
You may also want to watch:
The Highways Agency say the motorway will fully reopen as soon as it is safe to do so.
* The Highways Agency provides live traffic information via its website – www.highways.gov.uk/traffic
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 4 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 7 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield