M25 closed and huge delays in Hertfordshire following crash
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned of huge traffic delays on the M25 in Hertfordshire following a collision.
The road is currently closed anti-clockwise between Junction 22 (A1081, St Albans) and Junction 21a (A405, St Albans) following an accident – with traffic tailing back through the Potters Bar stretch of the motorway.
Police and Highways Agency traffic officers are currently at the scene dealing with the crash.
Road users are advised to avoid the area as there are considerable delays back to Junction 27 for the M11.
The diversion route is also heavily congested.
You may also want to watch:
The Highways Agency say the motorway will fully reopen as soon as it is safe to do so.
* The Highways Agency provides live traffic information via its website – www.highways.gov.uk/traffic
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!