Driver seriously injured after crash on M25
- Credit: Highways England
A driver was seriously injured in a crash on the M25 this morning, with another crash happening in the same area shortly afterwards.
Police were called shortly after 6.45am today (Friday, October 29) following a road traffic collision on the anticlockwise carriageway of the M25, between junctions 23 and 22.
It was reported that three vehicles were involved, one of which was not at the scene on police arrival.
The driver of one of the vehicles, a Ford Transit van, was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
J23 anticlockwise entry slip has been opened and the main carriageway at J23 will be opened shortly.
There is one lane running past the scene of the incident between J23 and J22.
Expect delays of up to 90 minutes above normal travel time and 8.7 miles of congestion back past J25.
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 3 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 7 Drug dealer jailed after £9,000 worth of crack cocaine found in bedroom
- 8 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Local Plan guidelines clarified following ‘green fields’ confusion
Two vehicles were recovered and Highways are currently in attendance to clear debris and spillages from the carriageway.
A damage-only collision took place just behind the previous crash a short time later, involving two vehicles.
No one was injured and Highways are arranging recovery of the vehicles.