Longer trains on the way for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
LONG-SUFFERING rail commuters in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar may get some pre-Christmas cheer (not to mention a seat) this week.
For thousands of extra seats are to be added on First Capital Connect (FCC) services.
Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Welwyn North, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar will all benefit from 41 additional train carriages on the line with up to 3,350 extra rush hour seats.
Last May, FCC added 5,000 more seats to rush hour services, and the latest boost will see a further 6,500 seats to routes to and from Moorgate and King’s Cross.
Neal Lawson, Managing Director at First Capital Connect said: “Our extra trains will give residents in Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Welwyn North, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar, significant increases in capacity, especially at the busiest times of day.”
He added: “Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City are particularly well served with 3,350 and 2,000 extra seats each with new and longer services to King’s Cross and Moorgate.”
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 4 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 7 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
- 10 Flooding in Hatfield 'damages' vehicles