Longer trains on the way for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
LONG-SUFFERING rail commuters in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar may get some pre-Christmas cheer (not to mention a seat) this week.
For thousands of extra seats are to be added on First Capital Connect (FCC) services.
Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Welwyn North, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar will all benefit from 41 additional train carriages on the line with up to 3,350 extra rush hour seats.
Last May, FCC added 5,000 more seats to rush hour services, and the latest boost will see a further 6,500 seats to routes to and from Moorgate and King’s Cross.
Neal Lawson, Managing Director at First Capital Connect said: “Our extra trains will give residents in Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Welwyn North, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar, significant increases in capacity, especially at the busiest times of day.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City are particularly well served with 3,350 and 2,000 extra seats each with new and longer services to King’s Cross and Moorgate.”
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan