Longer trains on the way for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
LONG-SUFFERING rail commuters in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar may get some pre-Christmas cheer (not to mention a seat) this week.
For thousands of extra seats are to be added on First Capital Connect (FCC) services.
Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Welwyn North, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar will all benefit from 41 additional train carriages on the line with up to 3,350 extra rush hour seats.
Last May, FCC added 5,000 more seats to rush hour services, and the latest boost will see a further 6,500 seats to routes to and from Moorgate and King’s Cross.
Neal Lawson, Managing Director at First Capital Connect said: “Our extra trains will give residents in Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Welwyn North, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar, significant increases in capacity, especially at the busiest times of day.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City are particularly well served with 3,350 and 2,000 extra seats each with new and longer services to King’s Cross and Moorgate.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire