Longer trains on the way for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
LONG-SUFFERING rail commuters in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar may get some pre-Christmas cheer (not to mention a seat) this week.
For thousands of extra seats are to be added on First Capital Connect (FCC) services.
Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Welwyn North, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar will all benefit from 41 additional train carriages on the line with up to 3,350 extra rush hour seats.
Last May, FCC added 5,000 more seats to rush hour services, and the latest boost will see a further 6,500 seats to routes to and from Moorgate and King’s Cross.
Neal Lawson, Managing Director at First Capital Connect said: “Our extra trains will give residents in Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Welwyn North, Welham Green, Brookmans Park and Potters Bar, significant increases in capacity, especially at the busiest times of day.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City are particularly well served with 3,350 and 2,000 extra seats each with new and longer services to King’s Cross and Moorgate.”
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 4 Police disperse large group near the university
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules