Long delays on A1(M) and M25
MOTORISTS faced a nightmare journey today (Thursday) following heavy congestion on the M25 junction of the A1(M)
Huge queues have been reported on the southbound carriageway of the A1(M) from junction three Hatfield to junction one South Mimms.
There are also reported tailbacks coming off the M25 exit slip roads at junction 23 South Mimms.
One frustrated commuter tweeted to say it had taken him 45 minutes to get from the Hatfield Tunnel to the M25 – a normal journey of about 10 minutes.
“A1M is a mess !” tweeted @Lesterbuddy. “Taken me 45 mins to get from Hatfield tunnel to J23 of M25 and still not there yet!”
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the cause of the traffic is a broken down lorry on the roundabout between the M25 and the A1(M).
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone