Long delays on A1(M) and M25
MOTORISTS faced a nightmare journey today (Thursday) following heavy congestion on the M25 junction of the A1(M)
Huge queues have been reported on the southbound carriageway of the A1(M) from junction three Hatfield to junction one South Mimms.
There are also reported tailbacks coming off the M25 exit slip roads at junction 23 South Mimms.
One frustrated commuter tweeted to say it had taken him 45 minutes to get from the Hatfield Tunnel to the M25 – a normal journey of about 10 minutes.
“A1M is a mess !” tweeted @Lesterbuddy. “Taken me 45 mins to get from Hatfield tunnel to J23 of M25 and still not there yet!”
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the cause of the traffic is a broken down lorry on the roundabout between the M25 and the A1(M).
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics