Long delays on A1(M) and M25
MOTORISTS faced a nightmare journey today (Thursday) following heavy congestion on the M25 junction of the A1(M)
Huge queues have been reported on the southbound carriageway of the A1(M) from junction three Hatfield to junction one South Mimms.
There are also reported tailbacks coming off the M25 exit slip roads at junction 23 South Mimms.
One frustrated commuter tweeted to say it had taken him 45 minutes to get from the Hatfield Tunnel to the M25 – a normal journey of about 10 minutes.
“A1M is a mess !” tweeted @Lesterbuddy. “Taken me 45 mins to get from Hatfield tunnel to J23 of M25 and still not there yet!”
It is believed the cause of the traffic is a broken down lorry on the roundabout between the M25 and the A1(M).
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 8 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers