London Overground to extend into Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
The London Overground is set to expand into Hertfordshire next year.
Two Herts stations will become part of the tranche of new stops on the orange line from 2015.
The stations; Cheshunt and Theobald’s Grove, in Waltham Cross, will join others in Chingford, White Hart Lane and Enfield Town among others.
TfL’s Director of London Overground, Mike Stubbs, said: “In July 2013 the Secretary of State agreed to devolve some West Anglia Main Line services to the Mayor and we are working with the Department for Transport and Abellio Greater Anglia to deliver a full transfer in 2015.
“It is our intention that these services will become part of the London Overground network, which is now one of the most reliable railways with some of the highest levels of customer satisfaction across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We are currently in the process of determining what further improvements need to be made at stations and on trains on the routes and a programme to deliver these once the railway has transferred. “However, from day one TfL and its operator will deliver passenger benefits such as staff at all stations during hours of service and full integration with TfL services including travel information and planning tools.”
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist