Hatfield Town Centre car park closed on weekday evenings
- Credit: Archant
A Hatfield car park with 114 spaces will be closed on weekday evenings from today.
This will free up space for local shoppers and workers during the day, according to Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council.
It has also made 17 new spaces available in the Wellfield Road temporary car park behind the fashion store Peacocks.
The car park will have the same opening and closing hours as Link Drive - 8am to 7pm on weeekdays and until midnight on Friday.
On Saturday it is open 24 hours and from midnight to 7pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The council has also planned to build a new multi-storey car park at the 'One Town Centre' development, and demolition work is under way to prepare the area for 71 new homes, shops and public spaces.
Link Drive is also set to become 80 new homes - if planning approval is given - designed around the existing skate park.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 5 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 6 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 7 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part