Hatfield Town Centre car park closed on weekday evenings
- Credit: Archant
A Hatfield car park with 114 spaces will be closed on weekday evenings from today.
This will free up space for local shoppers and workers during the day, according to Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council.
It has also made 17 new spaces available in the Wellfield Road temporary car park behind the fashion store Peacocks.
The car park will have the same opening and closing hours as Link Drive - 8am to 7pm on weeekdays and until midnight on Friday.
On Saturday it is open 24 hours and from midnight to 7pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The council has also planned to build a new multi-storey car park at the 'One Town Centre' development, and demolition work is under way to prepare the area for 71 new homes, shops and public spaces.
Link Drive is also set to become 80 new homes - if planning approval is given - designed around the existing skate park.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day