Hatfield Town Centre car park closed on weekday evenings
- Credit: Archant
A Hatfield car park with 114 spaces will be closed on weekday evenings from today.
This will free up space for local shoppers and workers during the day, according to Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council.
It has also made 17 new spaces available in the Wellfield Road temporary car park behind the fashion store Peacocks.
The car park will have the same opening and closing hours as Link Drive - 8am to 7pm on weeekdays and until midnight on Friday.
On Saturday it is open 24 hours and from midnight to 7pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The council has also planned to build a new multi-storey car park at the 'One Town Centre' development, and demolition work is under way to prepare the area for 71 new homes, shops and public spaces.
Link Drive is also set to become 80 new homes - if planning approval is given - designed around the existing skate park.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes