Hatfield Town Centre car park closed on weekday evenings
- Credit: Archant
A Hatfield car park with 114 spaces will be closed on weekday evenings from today.
This will free up space for local shoppers and workers during the day, according to Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council.
It has also made 17 new spaces available in the Wellfield Road temporary car park behind the fashion store Peacocks.
The car park will have the same opening and closing hours as Link Drive - 8am to 7pm on weeekdays and until midnight on Friday.
On Saturday it is open 24 hours and from midnight to 7pm on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The council has also planned to build a new multi-storey car park at the 'One Town Centre' development, and demolition work is under way to prepare the area for 71 new homes, shops and public spaces.
Link Drive is also set to become 80 new homes - if planning approval is given - designed around the existing skate park.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed