Lightning strike causes delays on First Capital Connect rail services
STORMS have caused havoc on the train line that runs through Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar, with delays of up to an hour.
Rail operator First Capital Connect has reported signalling problems caused by lightning strikes in both the Welwyn, and Hadley Wood/New Barnet areas.
Because of this, there are delays of 60 minutes on Great Northern services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate.
A spokesman said: “These delays will continue until further notice.”
Rail replacement buses are now running between Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
* Both the steel framework of the Sainsbury’s development and the Welwyn Hatfield Times office were struck by lightning this afternoon (Tuesday) as the storm passed over WGC.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth