Lightning strike causes delays on First Capital Connect rail services
STORMS have caused havoc on the train line that runs through Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar, with delays of up to an hour.
Rail operator First Capital Connect has reported signalling problems caused by lightning strikes in both the Welwyn, and Hadley Wood/New Barnet areas.
Because of this, there are delays of 60 minutes on Great Northern services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate.
A spokesman said: “These delays will continue until further notice.”
Rail replacement buses are now running between Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
* Both the steel framework of the Sainsbury’s development and the Welwyn Hatfield Times office were struck by lightning this afternoon (Tuesday) as the storm passed over WGC.
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 7 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 8 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas