Lightning strike causes delays on First Capital Connect rail services
STORMS have caused havoc on the train line that runs through Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar, with delays of up to an hour.
Rail operator First Capital Connect has reported signalling problems caused by lightning strikes in both the Welwyn, and Hadley Wood/New Barnet areas.
Because of this, there are delays of 60 minutes on Great Northern services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate.
A spokesman said: “These delays will continue until further notice.”
Rail replacement buses are now running between Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
* Both the steel framework of the Sainsbury’s development and the Welwyn Hatfield Times office were struck by lightning this afternoon (Tuesday) as the storm passed over WGC.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist