Lightning strike causes delays on First Capital Connect rail services
STORMS have caused havoc on the train line that runs through Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar, with delays of up to an hour.
Rail operator First Capital Connect has reported signalling problems caused by lightning strikes in both the Welwyn, and Hadley Wood/New Barnet areas.
Because of this, there are delays of 60 minutes on Great Northern services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate.
A spokesman said: “These delays will continue until further notice.”
Rail replacement buses are now running between Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
* Both the steel framework of the Sainsbury’s development and the Welwyn Hatfield Times office were struck by lightning this afternoon (Tuesday) as the storm passed over WGC.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man