A1(M) Hatfield two-car crash closes lane
- Credit: Archant
Three police cars were at the scene of a crash just north of Junction 4 of the A1(M) southbound near Hatfield.
One lane is closed between Junctions 4 and 6 between Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City.
Police were called at 2.17pm today to reports of the crash between a silver Honda Jazz and a Isuzu D-Max pick-up.
Both cars ended up halfway onto the hard shoulder, pointing away from the direction of traffic, with a wheel of the Honda having become wedged on top of a trailer.
According to police, there have been no injuries but both vehicles require recovery. “The scene has been left with Highways,” said a police spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
“There is lots of debris on the road, but the traffic isn’t too bad,” said an eyewitness.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement