A1(M) Hatfield two-car crash closes lane
- Credit: Archant
Three police cars were at the scene of a crash just north of Junction 4 of the A1(M) southbound near Hatfield.
One lane is closed between Junctions 4 and 6 between Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City.
Police were called at 2.17pm today to reports of the crash between a silver Honda Jazz and a Isuzu D-Max pick-up.
Both cars ended up halfway onto the hard shoulder, pointing away from the direction of traffic, with a wheel of the Honda having become wedged on top of a trailer.
According to police, there have been no injuries but both vehicles require recovery. “The scene has been left with Highways,” said a police spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
“There is lots of debris on the road, but the traffic isn’t too bad,” said an eyewitness.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator