A1(M) Hatfield two-car crash closes lane
- Credit: Archant
Three police cars were at the scene of a crash just north of Junction 4 of the A1(M) southbound near Hatfield.
One lane is closed between Junctions 4 and 6 between Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City.
Police were called at 2.17pm today to reports of the crash between a silver Honda Jazz and a Isuzu D-Max pick-up.
Both cars ended up halfway onto the hard shoulder, pointing away from the direction of traffic, with a wheel of the Honda having become wedged on top of a trailer.
According to police, there have been no injuries but both vehicles require recovery. “The scene has been left with Highways,” said a police spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
“There is lots of debris on the road, but the traffic isn’t too bad,” said an eyewitness.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 10 New lease of life for shop in historic Old Hatfield