A1(M) Hatfield two-car crash closes lane
- Credit: Archant
Three police cars were at the scene of a crash just north of Junction 4 of the A1(M) southbound near Hatfield.
One lane is closed between Junctions 4 and 6 between Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City.
Police were called at 2.17pm today to reports of the crash between a silver Honda Jazz and a Isuzu D-Max pick-up.
Both cars ended up halfway onto the hard shoulder, pointing away from the direction of traffic, with a wheel of the Honda having become wedged on top of a trailer.
According to police, there have been no injuries but both vehicles require recovery. “The scene has been left with Highways,” said a police spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
“There is lots of debris on the road, but the traffic isn’t too bad,” said an eyewitness.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield