Howlands in Welwyn Garden City closed outside New QEII Hospital
- Credit: Archant
The road outside the QEII hospital in Welwyn Garden City is closed as contractors repair the surface.
Ringway, working on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council, have closed the section of Howlands between Ascots Lane and Beehive Lane.
The work, which began on Monday, is expected to last until Friday.
A diversion is in place along Cole Green Lane and Hollybush Lane.
A spokeswoman for Ringway said: “The work is to do subsidence caused by the poor surface of the road when it was originally laid.”
You may also want to watch:
Initial reports had suggested there was a sinkhole.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed