Howlands in Welwyn Garden City closed outside New QEII Hospital
- Credit: Archant
The road outside the QEII hospital in Welwyn Garden City is closed as contractors repair the surface.
Ringway, working on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council, have closed the section of Howlands between Ascots Lane and Beehive Lane.
The work, which began on Monday, is expected to last until Friday.
A diversion is in place along Cole Green Lane and Hollybush Lane.
A spokeswoman for Ringway said: “The work is to do subsidence caused by the poor surface of the road when it was originally laid.”
You may also want to watch:
Initial reports had suggested there was a sinkhole.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 6 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?