Howlands in Welwyn Garden City closed outside New QEII Hospital
- Credit: Archant
The road outside the QEII hospital in Welwyn Garden City is closed as contractors repair the surface.
Ringway, working on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council, have closed the section of Howlands between Ascots Lane and Beehive Lane.
The work, which began on Monday, is expected to last until Friday.
A diversion is in place along Cole Green Lane and Hollybush Lane.
A spokeswoman for Ringway said: “The work is to do subsidence caused by the poor surface of the road when it was originally laid.”
You may also want to watch:
Initial reports had suggested there was a sinkhole.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?