Howlands in Welwyn Garden City closed outside New QEII Hospital
- Credit: Archant
The road outside the QEII hospital in Welwyn Garden City is closed as contractors repair the surface.
Ringway, working on behalf of Hertfordshire County Council, have closed the section of Howlands between Ascots Lane and Beehive Lane.
The work, which began on Monday, is expected to last until Friday.
A diversion is in place along Cole Green Lane and Hollybush Lane.
A spokeswoman for Ringway said: “The work is to do subsidence caused by the poor surface of the road when it was originally laid.”
You may also want to watch:
Initial reports had suggested there was a sinkhole.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk