Free parking at Lister and New QEII extended again
- Credit: Alan Davies
Free parking at Lister Hospital in Stevenage and the New QEII in Welwyn Garden City has been extended again, and will now be in place until the end of September.
The news comes following confirmation that government funding for the scheme will continue.
This means normal parking charges are due to be reintroduced from Thursday, October 1.
According to East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, it “does not seek to make a profit from parking at any of our hospital sites”.
Any money made from car parks goes back into maintaining parking facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Free parking will also be extended one of the trust’s other sites, Hertford County Hospital.
The trust added: “Car parks can become very full at some of our sites, and we ask those attending to be a good neighbour and park responsibly.”
For specific parking information for each hospital site, go to enherts-tr.nhs.uk.
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 10 Multiple fines issued to partygoers at 'dangerous' music event