Free parking at Lister and New QEII extended again
- Credit: Alan Davies
Free parking at Lister Hospital in Stevenage and the New QEII in Welwyn Garden City has been extended again, and will now be in place until the end of September.
The news comes following confirmation that government funding for the scheme will continue.
This means normal parking charges are due to be reintroduced from Thursday, October 1.
According to East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, it “does not seek to make a profit from parking at any of our hospital sites”.
Any money made from car parks goes back into maintaining parking facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Free parking will also be extended one of the trust’s other sites, Hertford County Hospital.
The trust added: “Car parks can become very full at some of our sites, and we ask those attending to be a good neighbour and park responsibly.”
For specific parking information for each hospital site, go to enherts-tr.nhs.uk.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 9 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield