Highways England issues warning for South East as cold snap set to continue
- Credit: Archant
Highways England has warned motorists to be wary after issuing an amber warning for the South East.
It warned of strong easterly winds that are expected to take a band of snow into parts of the South East and leave treacherous travelling conditions.
A Highways England spokesman said: “Strong easterly winds are expected to take a band of snow into parts of the South East and South West from 6am tomorrow morning (Thursday, 1 March), with the snow then moving north into the Midlands and parts of the East.
“The band of snow will result in snow drifts in places but will also leave rain and icy conditions in its wake ahead of Friday morning’s rush hour.”
He added that salt spreading and ploughing teams will continue to work around the clock to treat the roads.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office’s latest forecast for Welwyn Garden City predicts temperatures remaining between -4° and -6° until 10am tomorrow, with further outbreaks of snow thought to be likely.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?