Hertfordshire schools set to shut on Thursday due to snow
SCHOOLS across Hertfordshire are already announcing they will stay shut tomorrow (Thursday) because of the weather.
Thousands of pupils county-wide were able to enjoy a day off lessons today after widespread snow showers.
With the possibility of further snowfall, and freezing temperatures overnight, many heads have already taken the decision not to open tomorrow.
In Times Territory, they include:
* Applecroft, WGC
You may also want to watch:
* Birchwood Avenue, Hatfield
* Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School, Hatfield
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
* Brookmans Park
* Chancellor’s, Brookmans Park
* Commonswood, WGC
* Cranborne, Potters Bar
* Creswick, WGC
* De Havilland, Hatfield
* Harwood Hill, WGC
* Holy Family, WGC
* Homerswood, WGC
* Howe Dell, Hatfield
* Ladbrooke, Potters Bar
* Lakeside, WGC
* Little Heath
* Monk’s Walk, WGC
* Oaklands, Welwyn
* Oak View, Hatfield
* Onslow St Audrey’s, Hatfield
* Our Lady, WGC
* Panshanger, WGC
* Peartree, WGC
* Ponsbourne St Mary’s, Newgate Street Village
* Pope Paul, Potters Bar
* Rowans, WGC
* The Ryde, Hatfield
* St Philip Howard, Hatfield
* Sir Frederic Osborn, WGC
* Stanborough, WGC
* St Giles, South Mimms
* St John’s Digswell
* St John’s Lemsford
* St Mary’s, Welham Green
* Swallow Dell, WGC
* Templewood, WGC
* Watchlytes, WGC
* Watton-at Stone
Keep checking back online at www.whtimes24.co.uk this evening and into the morning for any further school closure announcements.
A county council spokeswoman said whether to stay open or not was down to each individual school
She said: “The decision whether to close or to stay open is made by the headteacher in consultation with the chair of governors who have detailed knowledge about the local conditions.
“They will need to take into account a number of factors, including staffing levels for pupil safety.
She added: “Some might be able to open, while others nearby might be forced to close. Please check before setting out.”