Hertfordshire schools set to shut on Thursday due to snow
SCHOOLS across Hertfordshire are already announcing they will stay shut tomorrow (Thursday) because of the weather.
Thousands of pupils county-wide were able to enjoy a day off lessons today after widespread snow showers.
With the possibility of further snowfall, and freezing temperatures overnight, many heads have already taken the decision not to open tomorrow.
In Times Territory, they include:
* Applecroft, WGC
You may also want to watch:
* Birchwood Avenue, Hatfield
* Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School, Hatfield
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 4 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
* Brookmans Park
* Chancellor’s, Brookmans Park
* Commonswood, WGC
* Cranborne, Potters Bar
* Creswick, WGC
* De Havilland, Hatfield
* Harwood Hill, WGC
* Holy Family, WGC
* Homerswood, WGC
* Howe Dell, Hatfield
* Ladbrooke, Potters Bar
* Lakeside, WGC
* Little Heath
* Monk’s Walk, WGC
* Oaklands, Welwyn
* Oak View, Hatfield
* Onslow St Audrey’s, Hatfield
* Our Lady, WGC
* Panshanger, WGC
* Peartree, WGC
* Ponsbourne St Mary’s, Newgate Street Village
* Pope Paul, Potters Bar
* Rowans, WGC
* The Ryde, Hatfield
* St Philip Howard, Hatfield
* Sir Frederic Osborn, WGC
* Stanborough, WGC
* St Giles, South Mimms
* St John’s Digswell
* St John’s Lemsford
* St Mary’s, Welham Green
* Swallow Dell, WGC
* Templewood, WGC
* Watchlytes, WGC
* Watton-at Stone
Keep checking back online at www.whtimes24.co.uk this evening and into the morning for any further school closure announcements.
A county council spokeswoman said whether to stay open or not was down to each individual school
She said: “The decision whether to close or to stay open is made by the headteacher in consultation with the chair of governors who have detailed knowledge about the local conditions.
“They will need to take into account a number of factors, including staffing levels for pupil safety.
She added: “Some might be able to open, while others nearby might be forced to close. Please check before setting out.”