Hertfordshire roads still closed due to flooding
- Credit: Archant
A number of roads across Hertfordshire, including ones near Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield and Potters Bar, are still closed due to flooding.
Surface water is still blocking or affecting many major and rural roads around the county, although some routes have reopened since Friday’s storms.
Coopers Green Lane between Hatfield and St Albans was one of the roads still shut this morning (Sunday), as was Colney Heath Lane.
An update the Hertfordshire Council Council website states: “We will continue to prioritise residential property flooding.
“We did not suffer heavy rain over night but there is still significant standing water in some locations.
You may also want to watch:
“The general message from the Environment Agency and the emergency services is that the situation is improving.
“All Variable Message Signs have been deployed across the county with either a specific message detailing closures or ‘Localised flooding please drive with care’.”
* For pictures of flooding in Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Potters Bar and surrounding villages visit here.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 6 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
Roads affected as of 10.28am February 9, 2014.
Cleared since last update:
* Moor Lane, Rickmansworth Road: Open.
* Water End Lane, Wheathampstead (Lemsford): Road open.
St Albans, Hertsmere & Welwyn Hatfield
* Coopers Green Lane, Hatfield to St Albans: Road closure still required.
* Colney Heath Lane, St Albans: Road closure still required.
* Sandpit Lane, St Albans: Road closure still required.
* Mackerye End, Harpenden: Road closure still required.
* Bushey Hall Road, Bushey: Road closure still required.
East Herts & Broxbourne
* B181 Roydon Road, Stanstead Abbotts: Road closure still required.
* B158 Lower Hatfield Road, Essendon: Road closure still required.
* St Marys Lane, Hertford: Road closure still required.
* Horns Mills Lane / Lower Hatfield Road, Hertford: Road closure still required.
* Warren Lane, Braughing: Landslide, road closed. JCB to attend Monday.
North Herts & Stevenage
* Blakemore End, Kimpton: Road closure still required.
* Hitchwood Lane, Preston: Road closure still required.
* Walkern Road, Luffenhall (Other side of Walkern): Road closure still required.
* Hitchin Road, Stevenage (Subway): Road closure still required.
Dacorum, Three Rivers & Watford
* A411 Lower High Street, Watford: One lane reopened, manual pump still operating.
* Water Lane, Watford: Road closure still required.
* A412 Park Road, Rickmansworth: Road closure still required. Fire and rescue on site pumping water.
* Green Street, Chorleywood: Road closure still required.
* Bushey Mill Lane, Watford: Road closure still required.
* Coppermill Lane West Hyde: Road closed.
Follow @herts_highways on Twitter for the latest updates.
For further news of road closures, visit the Herts County Council website.