Hertfordshire companies win 2012 London Olympics contracts
THREE travel companies from Times Territory have been selected as coach providers for the 2012 London Olympics.
South Mimms Travel in WGC, Hatfield-based Uno and Sullivan Bus and Coach from Potters Bar were among 44 companies appointed by the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) to provide travel for athletes, officials and the media to Olympic venues in and around the capital.
Two other Hertfordshire companies, Golden Boy from Hoddesdon and Cozy travel from Letchworth Garden City, were also selected.
It takes the number of Olympic contracts won by Hertfordshire businesses via the CompeteFor procurement process to 108 so far.
There are still contacts to be won, and businesses interested in becoming part of the Olympic legacy can find out how to bid by attending one of the Hertfordshire is Ready for Winners business breakfasts.
You may also want to watch:
John Fuller from the Hertfordshire is Ready for Winners Partnership said: “Hertfordshire has maintained the accolade of the highest percentage of businesses registered on the CompeteFor procurement portal in the region. We are proud of this and want to keep the level of engagement up. This latest announcement shows that there are still contracts to be won and Hertfordshire companies are being awarded them.”
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled