Hertfordshire companies win 2012 London Olympics contracts
THREE travel companies from Times Territory have been selected as coach providers for the 2012 London Olympics.
South Mimms Travel in WGC, Hatfield-based Uno and Sullivan Bus and Coach from Potters Bar were among 44 companies appointed by the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) to provide travel for athletes, officials and the media to Olympic venues in and around the capital.
Two other Hertfordshire companies, Golden Boy from Hoddesdon and Cozy travel from Letchworth Garden City, were also selected.
It takes the number of Olympic contracts won by Hertfordshire businesses via the CompeteFor procurement process to 108 so far.
There are still contacts to be won, and businesses interested in becoming part of the Olympic legacy can find out how to bid by attending one of the Hertfordshire is Ready for Winners business breakfasts.
You may also want to watch:
John Fuller from the Hertfordshire is Ready for Winners Partnership said: “Hertfordshire has maintained the accolade of the highest percentage of businesses registered on the CompeteFor procurement portal in the region. We are proud of this and want to keep the level of engagement up. This latest announcement shows that there are still contracts to be won and Hertfordshire companies are being awarded them.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 7 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued