Heavy snow? ‘We’ve got it covered’, says Hertfordshire County Council
- Credit: Photo supplied
WITH heavy snow forecast in the coming days, Hertfordshire County Council has boasted: “snow, we’ve got it covered”.
Gritters are going to be operating “around the clock to ensure that our main transport routes are kept moving”.
But council chiefs have urged motorists to consider whether their journey is essential.
And the advice is: “If you do need to make a journey, take account of the weather conditions and be particularly careful around frozen streams and lakes.”
A spokesman said: “Our salt stocks are high, we have started to fill salt bins and district, borough and parish councils have been provided with salt to help keep key routes, particularly pavements, safer during cold spells.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Gordon, leader of Hertfordshire County Council, said: “Please do all you can to prepare for this cold snap, checking on any vulnerable neighbours from time to time to see if they need a helping hand.”
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 7 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses