Heavy snow? ‘We’ve got it covered’, says Hertfordshire County Council
- Credit: Photo supplied
WITH heavy snow forecast in the coming days, Hertfordshire County Council has boasted: “snow, we’ve got it covered”.
Gritters are going to be operating “around the clock to ensure that our main transport routes are kept moving”.
But council chiefs have urged motorists to consider whether their journey is essential.
And the advice is: “If you do need to make a journey, take account of the weather conditions and be particularly careful around frozen streams and lakes.”
A spokesman said: “Our salt stocks are high, we have started to fill salt bins and district, borough and parish councils have been provided with salt to help keep key routes, particularly pavements, safer during cold spells.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Gordon, leader of Hertfordshire County Council, said: “Please do all you can to prepare for this cold snap, checking on any vulnerable neighbours from time to time to see if they need a helping hand.”
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition