Hatfield tunnel refurbishment reaches halfway stage
WORK to refurbish the Hatfield tunnel has now reached its halfway point.
From 10pm tonight (Monday) until 5am tomorrow, the A1(M) will be closed in both directions between junctions three and four.
Identical closures will also be in place overnight on Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Signposted diversions will be put in place.
Then, from June 14, a two-lane contraflow will be introduced in both directions in the northbound tunnel while the southbound tunnel is being refurbished.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Highways Agency, which is overseeing the work, said: “There will be narrow lanes and a 40mph speed limit 24 hours a day.
“Drivers could expect moderate delays during this work.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
The refurbishment is due to be completed in by the spring of 2011.