Hatfield tunnel refurbishment reaches halfway stage
WORK to refurbish the Hatfield tunnel has now reached its halfway point.
From 10pm tonight (Monday) until 5am tomorrow, the A1(M) will be closed in both directions between junctions three and four.
Identical closures will also be in place overnight on Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Signposted diversions will be put in place.
Then, from June 14, a two-lane contraflow will be introduced in both directions in the northbound tunnel while the southbound tunnel is being refurbished.
A spokesman for the Highways Agency, which is overseeing the work, said: “There will be narrow lanes and a 40mph speed limit 24 hours a day.
“Drivers could expect moderate delays during this work.”
- 1 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 2 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 3 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 5 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 6 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 10 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
The refurbishment is due to be completed in by the spring of 2011.