Hatfield tunnel refurbishment reaches halfway stage
WORK to refurbish the Hatfield tunnel has now reached its halfway point.
From 10pm tonight (Monday) until 5am tomorrow, the A1(M) will be closed in both directions between junctions three and four.
Identical closures will also be in place overnight on Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Signposted diversions will be put in place.
Then, from June 14, a two-lane contraflow will be introduced in both directions in the northbound tunnel while the southbound tunnel is being refurbished.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Highways Agency, which is overseeing the work, said: “There will be narrow lanes and a 40mph speed limit 24 hours a day.
“Drivers could expect moderate delays during this work.”
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 7 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
The refurbishment is due to be completed in by the spring of 2011.