Hatfield Station plans go on show
- Credit: Archant
PLANS to upgrade Hatfield Railway Station have gone on show today (Tuesday).
These images show artists’ impressions to revamp the railway station, with a display being held at York House, Salisbury Square, Old Hatfield.
Among the features is a new car park, as well as a taxi and bus interchange.
It will also include retail units and lift access to all platforms, plus improved cycle facilities.
The exhibition, hosted by Hertfordshire County Council, First Capital Connect and Network Rail, will run from 2pm to 8pm today and Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways, said: “We have been working hard, in partnership with First Capital Connect and Network Rail, on options to improve this busy station.
“We would encourage everyone to come along to the exhibition and take a look at the proposals.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
* For more details and to comment on the scheme, visit https://consult.hertsdirect.org/ hatfieldstation/