Hatfield Station plans go on show
- Credit: Archant
PLANS to upgrade Hatfield Railway Station have gone on show today (Tuesday).
These images show artists’ impressions to revamp the railway station, with a display being held at York House, Salisbury Square, Old Hatfield.
Among the features is a new car park, as well as a taxi and bus interchange.
It will also include retail units and lift access to all platforms, plus improved cycle facilities.
The exhibition, hosted by Hertfordshire County Council, First Capital Connect and Network Rail, will run from 2pm to 8pm today and Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways, said: “We have been working hard, in partnership with First Capital Connect and Network Rail, on options to improve this busy station.
“We would encourage everyone to come along to the exhibition and take a look at the proposals.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
* For more details and to comment on the scheme, visit https://consult.hertsdirect.org/ hatfieldstation/