Hatfield Station plans go on show
- Credit: Archant
PLANS to upgrade Hatfield Railway Station have gone on show today (Tuesday).
These images show artists’ impressions to revamp the railway station, with a display being held at York House, Salisbury Square, Old Hatfield.
Among the features is a new car park, as well as a taxi and bus interchange.
It will also include retail units and lift access to all platforms, plus improved cycle facilities.
The exhibition, hosted by Hertfordshire County Council, First Capital Connect and Network Rail, will run from 2pm to 8pm today and Wednesday.
Terry Douris, cabinet member for highways, said: “We have been working hard, in partnership with First Capital Connect and Network Rail, on options to improve this busy station.
“We would encourage everyone to come along to the exhibition and take a look at the proposals.”
- 1 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 2 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 3 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 4 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 8 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 9 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
* For more details and to comment on the scheme, visit https://consult.hertsdirect.org/ hatfieldstation/