Hatfield hijacked van horror reconstructed by Crimewatch today
A ROAD is being closed this morning (Tuesday) for Crimewatch to film the reconstruction of a van being hijacked in Hatfield.
BBC One’s film crews are at Hatfield Avenue until noon today to shoot the reconstruction of when masked robbers targeted a City Link courier van.
The incident saw a white Vauxhall Insignia VXR overtake the City Link van, and suddenly brake.
Two thugs jumped out the vehicle and forced their way into the van, pushing the driver out of his seat. They drove off with the van driver still inside and with a third offender following in the Vauxhall.
The van was driven to Porters Park in Shenley, where they unloaded a stash of iPhones, BlackBerrys and Nokia mobile phones. The robbers drove off in the Vauxhall, ditching the City Link van and its driver, who was luckily unharmed.
You may also want to watch:
The original incident happened on nearby Comet Way, but the busy stretch - just off the A1(M) - was deemed not suitable for filming.
Hatfield Avenue will be closed at around 11.30am for a 20-minute period.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 4 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 7 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 8 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 9 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
* Both offenders in the incident, which happened at around 6.20pm on Tuesday, May 10, are described as white and both covered their face, one of which used a form of snood.
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.