Hatfield hijacked van horror reconstructed by Crimewatch today
A ROAD is being closed this morning (Tuesday) for Crimewatch to film the reconstruction of a van being hijacked in Hatfield.
BBC One’s film crews are at Hatfield Avenue until noon today to shoot the reconstruction of when masked robbers targeted a City Link courier van.
The incident saw a white Vauxhall Insignia VXR overtake the City Link van, and suddenly brake.
Two thugs jumped out the vehicle and forced their way into the van, pushing the driver out of his seat. They drove off with the van driver still inside and with a third offender following in the Vauxhall.
The van was driven to Porters Park in Shenley, where they unloaded a stash of iPhones, BlackBerrys and Nokia mobile phones. The robbers drove off in the Vauxhall, ditching the City Link van and its driver, who was luckily unharmed.
You may also want to watch:
The original incident happened on nearby Comet Way, but the busy stretch - just off the A1(M) - was deemed not suitable for filming.
Hatfield Avenue will be closed at around 11.30am for a 20-minute period.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
* Both offenders in the incident, which happened at around 6.20pm on Tuesday, May 10, are described as white and both covered their face, one of which used a form of snood.
Call police with information on 0845 33 00 222.