Great Northern trains to be disrupted all day due to Welwyn Garden City track problem
- Credit: Archant
A defective track at Welwyn Garden City train station is causing delays that are expected to last all day.
A message on Great Northern’s website this morning (September 11) reads: “A speed restriction has been imposed over defective track at Welwyn Garden City.
“As a result, Great Northern and Thameslink train services running through this station may be delayed by up to 10 minutes.
“Disruption is expected to continue until the end of the day.”
It continues: “Network Rail engineers have inspected the track and imposed a speed restriction of 5mph on services travelling towards London.
You may also want to watch:
“The repairs required will take some time, and be very disruptive to services, so these are expected to take place overnight.
“The line affected is used by the ‘fast’ trains which make minimal stops on their journeys.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
“As we enter the busier period when more trains are running, congestion may build and some alterations to services may need to occur.”