Great Northern trains to be disrupted all day due to Welwyn Garden City track problem
- Credit: Archant
A defective track at Welwyn Garden City train station is causing delays that are expected to last all day.
A message on Great Northern’s website this morning (September 11) reads: “A speed restriction has been imposed over defective track at Welwyn Garden City.
“As a result, Great Northern and Thameslink train services running through this station may be delayed by up to 10 minutes.
“Disruption is expected to continue until the end of the day.”
It continues: “Network Rail engineers have inspected the track and imposed a speed restriction of 5mph on services travelling towards London.
“The repairs required will take some time, and be very disruptive to services, so these are expected to take place overnight.
“The line affected is used by the ‘fast’ trains which make minimal stops on their journeys.
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 5 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 6 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 10 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
“As we enter the busier period when more trains are running, congestion may build and some alterations to services may need to occur.”