Great Northern trains to be disrupted all day due to Welwyn Garden City track problem
- Credit: Archant
A defective track at Welwyn Garden City train station is causing delays that are expected to last all day.
A message on Great Northern’s website this morning (September 11) reads: “A speed restriction has been imposed over defective track at Welwyn Garden City.
“As a result, Great Northern and Thameslink train services running through this station may be delayed by up to 10 minutes.
“Disruption is expected to continue until the end of the day.”
It continues: “Network Rail engineers have inspected the track and imposed a speed restriction of 5mph on services travelling towards London.
You may also want to watch:
“The repairs required will take some time, and be very disruptive to services, so these are expected to take place overnight.
“The line affected is used by the ‘fast’ trains which make minimal stops on their journeys.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
“As we enter the busier period when more trains are running, congestion may build and some alterations to services may need to occur.”