Great Northern trains to be disrupted all day due to Welwyn Garden City track problem
- Credit: Archant
A defective track at Welwyn Garden City train station is causing delays that are expected to last all day.
A message on Great Northern’s website this morning (September 11) reads: “A speed restriction has been imposed over defective track at Welwyn Garden City.
“As a result, Great Northern and Thameslink train services running through this station may be delayed by up to 10 minutes.
“Disruption is expected to continue until the end of the day.”
It continues: “Network Rail engineers have inspected the track and imposed a speed restriction of 5mph on services travelling towards London.
You may also want to watch:
“The repairs required will take some time, and be very disruptive to services, so these are expected to take place overnight.
“The line affected is used by the ‘fast’ trains which make minimal stops on their journeys.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
“As we enter the busier period when more trains are running, congestion may build and some alterations to services may need to occur.”