Great Northern chaos: Over 20 trains already cancelled this morning
- Credit: Archant
Numerous trains serving Welwyn Garden City, St Albans and Stevenage have been cancelled this morning as the Great Northern timetable chaos continues.
Eight services from WGC to London King’s Cross, Moorgate and Cambridge that were scheduled to leave between 9.37am and 10.09am have already been scrapped.
Several of those also serve Stevenage, and numerous others going to Peterborough, Horsham, Brighton and Cambridge North will also no longer run.
The travel misery has also hit St Albans, where 10 trains going to Gatwick, Luton, Bedford and Rainham – scheduled for before 11am – have been cancelled.
Numerous services from Royston to Cambridge and Brighton have also been scrapped.
You may also want to watch:
The disruption is expected to last throughout the day and follows the disastrous roll-out of Great Northern’s timetable, which Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps claimed could continue for two months.
Great Northern is running a short-term timetable today (Sunday). For the latest situation click here: http://www.whtimes.co.uk/motoring/great-northern-short-term-timetable
For live train times visit Great Northern’s website .
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement