Great Northern chaos: Over 20 trains already cancelled this morning
- Credit: Archant
Numerous trains serving Welwyn Garden City, St Albans and Stevenage have been cancelled this morning as the Great Northern timetable chaos continues.
Eight services from WGC to London King’s Cross, Moorgate and Cambridge that were scheduled to leave between 9.37am and 10.09am have already been scrapped.
Several of those also serve Stevenage, and numerous others going to Peterborough, Horsham, Brighton and Cambridge North will also no longer run.
The travel misery has also hit St Albans, where 10 trains going to Gatwick, Luton, Bedford and Rainham – scheduled for before 11am – have been cancelled.
Numerous services from Royston to Cambridge and Brighton have also been scrapped.
You may also want to watch:
The disruption is expected to last throughout the day and follows the disastrous roll-out of Great Northern’s timetable, which Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps claimed could continue for two months.
Great Northern is running a short-term timetable today (Sunday). For the latest situation click here: http://www.whtimes.co.uk/motoring/great-northern-short-term-timetable
For live train times visit Great Northern’s website .
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator