Great Northern chaos: Over 20 trains already cancelled this morning
- Credit: Archant
Numerous trains serving Welwyn Garden City, St Albans and Stevenage have been cancelled this morning as the Great Northern timetable chaos continues.
Eight services from WGC to London King’s Cross, Moorgate and Cambridge that were scheduled to leave between 9.37am and 10.09am have already been scrapped.
Several of those also serve Stevenage, and numerous others going to Peterborough, Horsham, Brighton and Cambridge North will also no longer run.
The travel misery has also hit St Albans, where 10 trains going to Gatwick, Luton, Bedford and Rainham – scheduled for before 11am – have been cancelled.
Numerous services from Royston to Cambridge and Brighton have also been scrapped.
You may also want to watch:
The disruption is expected to last throughout the day and follows the disastrous roll-out of Great Northern’s timetable, which Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps claimed could continue for two months.
Great Northern is running a short-term timetable today (Sunday). For the latest situation click here: http://www.whtimes.co.uk/motoring/great-northern-short-term-timetable
For live train times visit Great Northern’s website .
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation