Great Northern chaos: Over 20 trains already cancelled this morning
- Credit: Archant
Numerous trains serving Welwyn Garden City, St Albans and Stevenage have been cancelled this morning as the Great Northern timetable chaos continues.
Eight services from WGC to London King’s Cross, Moorgate and Cambridge that were scheduled to leave between 9.37am and 10.09am have already been scrapped.
Several of those also serve Stevenage, and numerous others going to Peterborough, Horsham, Brighton and Cambridge North will also no longer run.
The travel misery has also hit St Albans, where 10 trains going to Gatwick, Luton, Bedford and Rainham – scheduled for before 11am – have been cancelled.
Numerous services from Royston to Cambridge and Brighton have also been scrapped.
You may also want to watch:
The disruption is expected to last throughout the day and follows the disastrous roll-out of Great Northern’s timetable, which Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps claimed could continue for two months.
Great Northern is running a short-term timetable today (Sunday). For the latest situation click here: http://www.whtimes.co.uk/motoring/great-northern-short-term-timetable
For live train times visit Great Northern’s website .
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral