Great Northern trains delayed after man hit by train at Potters Bar station
- Credit: Archant
Trains are expected to be delayed until 4pm after a man died after being hit by a train at Potters Bar station.
A man died this morning after being hit by a train at Potters Bar station.
Trains are delayed from Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Brookmans Park, Welham Green and Potters Bar, while emergency services deal with the incident.
The delays are expected to continue until 4pm.
Some lines have been reopened between Stevenage and Kings Cross.
You may also want to watch:
Trains may be diverted via Hertford North, extending journey times by up to 40 minutes.
The incident has affected all trains between Stevenage and London Kings Cross, as well as trains to and from Moorgate.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
British Transport Police are working to identify the man and inform his family.