Great Northern trains delayed after man hit by train at Potters Bar station
- Credit: Archant
Trains are expected to be delayed until 4pm after a man died after being hit by a train at Potters Bar station.
A man died this morning after being hit by a train at Potters Bar station.
Trains are delayed from Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Brookmans Park, Welham Green and Potters Bar, while emergency services deal with the incident.
The delays are expected to continue until 4pm.
Some lines have been reopened between Stevenage and Kings Cross.
Trains may be diverted via Hertford North, extending journey times by up to 40 minutes.
The incident has affected all trains between Stevenage and London Kings Cross, as well as trains to and from Moorgate.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 5 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Cuffley home care company recognised among best in east of England
- 9 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 10 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
British Transport Police are working to identify the man and inform his family.