Great Northern train delays thanks to trespasser on the line
- Credit: Archant
Rail commuters are facing possible delays this evening thanks to a trespasser on the line between Alexandra Palace and Stevenage.
Great Northern has stated that delays are expected until 7.30pm this evening after a trespasser was spotted on the railway line between Alexandra Palace and Stevenage.
All lines are now open but services through these stations may be cancelled or delayed by up to 15 minutes.
Great Northern states: “Reports have been received from the driver of 1544 Cambridge to King’s Cross that they have witnessed a trespasser on the line.
“A number of trains approached the section at caution to examine the line for the trespasser but no-one has been found.
You may also want to watch:
“As a result, trains can now run at their normal speeds again however earlier congestion caused by the incident may cause some services to be delayed, altered or cancelled at short notice.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 8 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime