Great Northern train delays thanks to trespasser on the line
- Credit: Archant
Rail commuters are facing possible delays this evening thanks to a trespasser on the line between Alexandra Palace and Stevenage.
Great Northern has stated that delays are expected until 7.30pm this evening after a trespasser was spotted on the railway line between Alexandra Palace and Stevenage.
All lines are now open but services through these stations may be cancelled or delayed by up to 15 minutes.
Great Northern states: “Reports have been received from the driver of 1544 Cambridge to King’s Cross that they have witnessed a trespasser on the line.
“A number of trains approached the section at caution to examine the line for the trespasser but no-one has been found.
“As a result, trains can now run at their normal speeds again however earlier congestion caused by the incident may cause some services to be delayed, altered or cancelled at short notice.”
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 10 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City