Great Northern train delays thanks to trespasser on the line
- Credit: Archant
Rail commuters are facing possible delays this evening thanks to a trespasser on the line between Alexandra Palace and Stevenage.
Great Northern has stated that delays are expected until 7.30pm this evening after a trespasser was spotted on the railway line between Alexandra Palace and Stevenage.
All lines are now open but services through these stations may be cancelled or delayed by up to 15 minutes.
Great Northern states: “Reports have been received from the driver of 1544 Cambridge to King’s Cross that they have witnessed a trespasser on the line.
“A number of trains approached the section at caution to examine the line for the trespasser but no-one has been found.
You may also want to watch:
“As a result, trains can now run at their normal speeds again however earlier congestion caused by the incident may cause some services to be delayed, altered or cancelled at short notice.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street