Great Northern train delays thanks to trespasser on the line
- Credit: Archant
Rail commuters are facing possible delays this evening thanks to a trespasser on the line between Alexandra Palace and Stevenage.
Great Northern has stated that delays are expected until 7.30pm this evening after a trespasser was spotted on the railway line between Alexandra Palace and Stevenage.
All lines are now open but services through these stations may be cancelled or delayed by up to 15 minutes.
Great Northern states: “Reports have been received from the driver of 1544 Cambridge to King’s Cross that they have witnessed a trespasser on the line.
“A number of trains approached the section at caution to examine the line for the trespasser but no-one has been found.
You may also want to watch:
“As a result, trains can now run at their normal speeds again however earlier congestion caused by the incident may cause some services to be delayed, altered or cancelled at short notice.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Captain Tom inspires little Zach to raise money for the NHS
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation