Great Northern train stopping at Welwyn Hatfield cancelled
- Credit: Archant
A Great Northern train that would have stopped at Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield has been cancelled due to a lack of drivers.
The 10.18am train from Moorgate to Welwyn Garden City that was due to stop at Welwyn Garden City at 11.09am has been cancelled.
Great Northern wrote on its website: “This train will be cancelled.
“This is due to availability of train drivers.”
A Great Northern spokesman told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Due to one driver missing this is the only service that will be cancelled today because of driver shortages.
You may also want to watch:
“We have other drivers on hand incase anyone goes home sick or for any other reasons.”
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 4 Police disperse large group near the university
- 5 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 6 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 7 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 8 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'