Great Northern train delays through Welwyn Hatfield following Woolmer Green fatality
- Credit: Archant
Major delays are expected on Great Northern trains running between Stevenage and London until this afternoon following a fatality at Woolmer Green.
Rail operator Govia’s website reports services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate via Hatfield will be disrupted until 2pm.
Emergency services are currently on the scene of the incident near London Road in Woolmer Green.
A travel update on Govia Thameslink Railway’s website says: “Emergency services have dealt with an incident between Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City allowing all lines to reopen.
“Residual delays of up to 60 minutes with some cancellations are expected to trains between Stevenage and London King’s Cross / Moorgate via Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
“This is expected to affect Grand Central, Hull Trains and Virgin Trains East Cost until approximately 12:00 and Great Northern until 14:00.”
The website reports train services running between Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage are returning to normal, but some services may still be cancelled, delayed by up to 45 minutes or revised.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
“Our services may still be delayed or subject to alteration,” states the website.
“We will be working to restore the train service to the normal timetable as quickly as possible.
“We are sorry for the problems this disruption will cause you.”
Govia is advising Great Northern passengers that they may use the following alternative routes until further notice:
* Abellio Greater Anglia
* East Midlands Trains
* London Overground
* London Underground
For the latest real-time live train information, visit www.greatnorthernrail.com