Great Northern train delays through Welwyn Hatfield following Woolmer Green fatality
- Credit: Archant
Major delays are expected on Great Northern trains running between Stevenage and London until this afternoon following a fatality at Woolmer Green.
Rail operator Govia’s website reports services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate via Hatfield will be disrupted until 2pm.
Emergency services are currently on the scene of the incident near London Road in Woolmer Green.
A travel update on Govia Thameslink Railway’s website says: “Emergency services have dealt with an incident between Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City allowing all lines to reopen.
“Residual delays of up to 60 minutes with some cancellations are expected to trains between Stevenage and London King’s Cross / Moorgate via Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
“This is expected to affect Grand Central, Hull Trains and Virgin Trains East Cost until approximately 12:00 and Great Northern until 14:00.”
The website reports train services running between Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage are returning to normal, but some services may still be cancelled, delayed by up to 45 minutes or revised.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 7 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
“Our services may still be delayed or subject to alteration,” states the website.
“We will be working to restore the train service to the normal timetable as quickly as possible.
“We are sorry for the problems this disruption will cause you.”
Govia is advising Great Northern passengers that they may use the following alternative routes until further notice:
* Abellio Greater Anglia
* East Midlands Trains
* London Overground
* London Underground
For the latest real-time live train information, visit www.greatnorthernrail.com