Great Northern train delays through Welwyn Hatfield following Woolmer Green fatality
- Credit: Archant
Major delays are expected on Great Northern trains running between Stevenage and London until this afternoon following a fatality at Woolmer Green.
Rail operator Govia’s website reports services between Stevenage and London King’s Cross and Moorgate via Hatfield will be disrupted until 2pm.
Emergency services are currently on the scene of the incident near London Road in Woolmer Green.
A travel update on Govia Thameslink Railway’s website says: “Emergency services have dealt with an incident between Stevenage and Welwyn Garden City allowing all lines to reopen.
“Residual delays of up to 60 minutes with some cancellations are expected to trains between Stevenage and London King’s Cross / Moorgate via Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
“This is expected to affect Grand Central, Hull Trains and Virgin Trains East Cost until approximately 12:00 and Great Northern until 14:00.”
The website reports train services running between Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage are returning to normal, but some services may still be cancelled, delayed by up to 45 minutes or revised.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
“Our services may still be delayed or subject to alteration,” states the website.
“We will be working to restore the train service to the normal timetable as quickly as possible.
“We are sorry for the problems this disruption will cause you.”
Govia is advising Great Northern passengers that they may use the following alternative routes until further notice:
* Abellio Greater Anglia
* East Midlands Trains
* London Overground
* London Underground
For the latest real-time live train information, visit www.greatnorthernrail.com